Optus values the strong performance and customer first focus of the Amaysim business and after the acquisition, Amaysim will remain as a standalone brand with strong parallels and complementary strengths to Optus’ challenger position in the market. Already underpinned by Optus’ premium 4G network, Amaysim has a customer-oriented philosophy which very much aligns with Optus’ own customer-first approach. Optus will keep the amaysim brand intact and this deal will provide the certainty and backing Amaysim needs to power ahead and accelerate its growth in the MVNO segment.
About the Role
This newly created role, The Associate Director – Amaysim Contact Centres, is a senior leadership role, reporting to the Head of Global Contact Centres, with a dotted line into the Managing Director - Amaysim. Leading our Amaysim Contact Centre in the Philippines and Australia, this is a strategic and transformational role and will be the key enabler in building a customer obsessed culture, putting our customers at the heart of our business, whilst at the same time driving a strong digital transformation. This individual will be accountable for delivery and execution of the Customer Experience across all Amaysim Products; Services and sub-brands (e.g. Vaya Mobile) with a team consisting of 180 staff (6 in Australia and 172 in Manila)
Success in this role will be evident through Customer Experience (NPS), reduction in complaints (TIO), increase in Digital Channel Mix, achievement of Sales & Retention targets. In addition to performance metrics achieving employee experience targets of Global High Performing Norm Engagement; Team Attrition; Succession Planning and ensuring all team members have IDP’s in place. Other metrics will also include on time, on budget business initiatives and achieving an OPEX of $6M. The individual must be able to orchestrate creativity, encouraging a culture of ideas, innovation and problem solving from all levels in the business
Key responsibilities and challenges include:
- Work within the Amaysim Executive Leadership Team to drive EBITDA outcomes and growth in the Amaysim Business
- Manage the frontline Amaysim Customer Service Contact Centre, driving AOP targets in Touchpoint NPS, Issue Resolution and Productivity and all Sales and Retention targets
- Responsible for Amaysim Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) complaints, including managing the relationship with the TIO; responding to any systemic issues; managing the team in Australia responsible for handling complaints in line with Industry Codes of Practice.
- Responsible for the Social Media Response Team for Amaysim, including the frontline team and associated response time KPI’s and working within the Amaysim Marketing business to drive customer campaigns across social media properties.
- Lead the Work Force Management (WFM) processes, including data and analytics; staff scheduling; rostering and real time performance management
- Manage the Contact Centre Learning & Development Team and drive best practice learning outcomes and solutions
- Transform the customer experience through establishing superior Contact Centre operational practices including the introduction of customer centric experiences and driving automation
- Lead the technology requirements for the contact centre – including Live Chat / Messaging vendors and Cloud Contact Centre solutions
- Manage the performance of the outsource partners and play an integral role in helping the partners come up with strategies to minimise attrition and lower cost to serve
- Lead the function by defining, designing and prioritising strategic and tactical initiatives
We are looking for the following skills, attributes and experience
- Strategy or management consulting experience beneficial
- Proven history managing large multi-site/multi country contact centre operations of 250+ FTE
- Experience in driving change and transformation.
- Exposure to the Asia Pacific region and culture
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar customer service centric role
- Proven ability to influence across organisation boundaries, obtaining shared vision and results
- Customer oriented approach with an ability to question and challenge effectively whilst maintaining strong relationships
- COPC (contact centre standards) - qualified or understanding
- A strong commercial acumen with the ability to think strategically and a natural curiosity along with the ability to identify opportunities and proactively follow through to implementation
- Experience in commercial management of contact centre capabilities and projects, including business case development, budget management, vendor management and project management
- Significant experience in the leadership and innovation of a customer centric contact centre operation across multiple channels.
- Experience and exposure to best practise contact centre leadership principles and technologies
- Proven Leadership and management capability with experience in managing a diverse team and developing staff. Another critical feature is the requirement to nurture and develop future talent in order to give the business strength and depth in the talent pool.
- Highly developed and professional interpersonal skills, including strong relationship development and management skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders, both internal and external.