About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Provide direct sales support to the Senior Banker/Banker on all origination activities for the assigned RM client portfolio:
- In partnership with the Senior Banker/Banker the RM is jointly accountable for client revenues/profitability through the provision of origination support including:
- Proactive assistance to the Senior Banker/Banker with transactional support on client research and meeting preparation/documentation i.e. pitch book preparation, research into industry trends etc; coordinating with product and other key stakeholders across the network to ensure client materials are of the highest quality and client focused
- Complete bespoke client analysis as required including competitor analysis reflecting SCB’s value proposition vs peers; Complete relevant reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation;
- Ensure adherence to all sales discipline requirements i.e. provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on Account Planning, deal pipeline and call report administration/discipline, as agreed with the Banker
- Client meeting preparation and execution including logistics if attending client meetings in partnership with the Banker
- Provide support on new business transactions i.e. deal execution support, credit documentation, limit loading, coordination with Product Sales on fee letters, deal drawdown.
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
The Senior Banker/Parent Account Manager is responsible for the overall Client Group Account Plan/Client Strategy.
The RM is responsible for supporting the Senior Banker/Banker in the Account Planning (client strategy) process and is responsible for providing support with this process:
- Attend and minute Account Planning/Strategy ‘deep dive sessions’
- Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on risk weighted assets.
- Ensure all relevant client team members/internal stakeholders have been appropriately engaged by the Banker with respect to the planning and communication of the relevant approved strategy for each client
- In partnership with product partners, ensure appropriate line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Review client profitability data for clients and discuss opportunities/concerns with e Senior Banker/Banker.
- In partnership with the Banker, participate in conversations with clients to understand their needs and discuss the base account strategy and related opportunities, transactions, pricing issues etc.
- In partnership with the Credit Analyst, identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to GSAM
- Understand and be able to articulate the overall strategy for each client
- Support the Senior Banker/Banker through on-going client engagement and vigilant monitoring of client performance with a deep understanding of the client’s overall industry business, performance and outlook.
- Support the Senior Banker/Banker with the proactive engagement and management of internal deal teams (all relevant product and functional partners) for complex transactions. Ensure all sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially
- As agreed with the Senior Banker/Banker, drive product and geography cross sell with clients
- Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker with prompt logging of client calls into WorkBench (within 24 hours of the client meeting) and updating the deal pipeline. Support the Senior Banker/Banker to ensure client team activities required to accelerate deal conversion are followed up with the relevant internal stakeholders and with clients
- Support the CA on periodic credit reviews with requested information/ and engagement with the client (if required) particularly during periods of market volatility
- Provide support to the Senior Banker/Banker on exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement
- In partnership with the Credit Analyst, complete on-going monitoring against revolving business environment and ensure risk triggers and transaction covenants are satisfactorily reviewed and attended to
- Work closely with clients to understand buying behaviour and needs in order to right size limits to ensure optimal usage, maximise client RoRWA and reduce drag on assets
- Actively undertake tail management of client base to ensure that clients remain on strategy and relevant. Otherwise, initiate exit process to manage out the client
- Ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures as it relates to core RM activities
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the China corporate Guangzhou team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Senior Banker/Banker
- Product Sales Managers for designated portfolio
- Client Manager, Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie COBAM, CET, Credit, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Brand and Marketing, Corporate Affairs, COO, Business Operational Risk Managers
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in daily duties
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3+-year experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.