Enterprise Technology Services provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley's business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defences to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm's strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
We are hiring for an experienced Associate to join as an EndPoint Security Administrator in the L3 Platform Security Operations team, providing highest level of security consultancy and operational support for EndPoint Security infrastructure components. The role is based around operational stability and development of a large global environment of Microsoft Windows servers, Microsoft Win7/Win10 Desktops/Laptops/Virtual Machines and Linux servers. The role will focus on the security products and tooling utilized to manage the platform. The role is suited to an experienced Windows Systems Administrator or Platform Engineer with a proven understanding in enterprise platform security. An additional key component of this role is project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The EndPoint Security Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. The role concentrates on the provisioning of security tools and services to internal client groups. Tool development experience is essential to assist the global teams in developing and deploying technology solutions to automate tasks.
- Analysis and development of platform security initiatives
- Provide consultancy services to other technology teams
- Provide architecture assurance on security platform initiatives
- Maintain security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures and provide innovative ideas
- Undertake problem ownership
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution
- Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary
- Regularly re-evaluate processes and procedures and Instigate service improvement initiatives
- Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible
- Maximize the use of existing resources, skills and technologies for the greatest benefit
- Responsible for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices
- Capable of working in a global setup
- Capable of writing documentation, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, interacting with external vendors, and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues and customers.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexible with work type and schedule, self-driven, team player
- Windows Desktop and Server administration skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy, DNS / WINS
- General networking (firewalls, routing, NAT, OSI Model, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Working knowledge with Powershell and/or Python
Knowledge with Endpoint Security Technology and Products such as:
- Endpoint Encryption
- Advance Threat Protection
- Privilege Management
- Knowledge or familiarity with SCCM or intune
- Knowledge with SQL
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux
- Project management Skills
About us : Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.