About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To assist in developing the Greater China Debt Capital Markets (DCM) business by supporting the Capital Markets team in all matters required in pursuing businesses within the bank’s directed strategy and to continue the strive for sustainable competitive advantage
- To assist in establishing SCB as a “name” player in the DCM and up-tier SCB’s market presence
- To effectively assist in origination and execution of any bond offerings/ transactions with different stakeholders, including
- perform credit, industry and other analyses for proposals, rating exercises and/or bond execution
- prepare bond financing proposals, derivative proposals, market updates or other marketing materials for circulation and discussion with clients
- work closely with business partners such as Financial Market sales & trading and other product teams to maximise business opportunities for the bank
- implementation of internal processes such as the preparation and receipts of Name Clearance, Customer Fact-sheets and Underwriting Applications; documentation, due diligence, legal liaison, regulatory, etc
- propose innovative structures and in addition, to close deals if applicable
- To work with Structured Asset Solutions group and Syndications group in developing opportunities and cross selling
- To liaise and work with CR teams in-country and the rest of Global Markets
- To be fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to Compliance Risk monitoring and Money Laundering Prevention. Ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an on-going basis. Any suspicious transactions must be reported immediately to the line manager or the Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer / Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university preferably in a relevant discipline such as finance, commerce, business administration, economics, mathematics and engineering
- Native mandarin speaking preferred
- 1-2 years’ banking experience
- Solid quantitative and qualitative skills with sound finance and accounting knowledge
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver under time pressure
- Good attitude and willingness to learn
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.