A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The shift assignment for this position is 8.25 hour day shifts, 5 days/week with one day being on the weekend (for example, Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs).
• Member of the Sanitation Team
• Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning of all areas of the Site as laid out in the Master Sanitation Schedule.
• Completing all cleaning records as required.
• Guarantee a high cleanliness level to ensure food safety and 5S.
• Clean, sanitize and maintain the factory site, equipment and facilities to an acceptable standard.
• Support the site to ensure compliance in all cleaning standards and comply with all ISO 9001, FSSC 22000 and Mars QMP Standard requirements
• All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
• Enforce/Respect the safety rules and the internal policy
• Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
• Guarantee and apply ISO 14001 (Environment), and all related working procedures
• Ownership of environmental responsibilities listed in ENV-REF-002 – Associates SEA Matrix
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
• Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000, Mars Standards, and all related working procedures
• Support the HACCP program in the department
• Follow GMP-GHP in the area
• Inform Shift Supervisor of quality deviations according to product standards and production procedures
• Report any pest activity to related Manager
• Perform and record quality control tests
• Training: attend any training program as scheduled by company management and train any designed person in the position
MANAGEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Suggest continuous improvement actions
• Manage internal/external cleaners
• Manage stock of materials for cleaning
• Respect work instructions with assured quality, food safety and environmental management systems
• Any task as delegated by Direct Supervisor
• Report any leaks and/or spills
CLEANLINESS & TIDINESS
• Perform Housekeeping Checks to ensure compliance to 5S
• Perform operational cleaning operations
• Participate visit preparation work
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
• Provide any requested documentation to other Departments according to internal rules
Context and Scope:
Micro performance and cleanliness of the factory and its systems are critical for the success of the factory and of the Royal Canin Brand.
This role is part of the broader Sanitation team and is critical to ensure the factory is operating at Standard.
This role also partners with other functions – such as Operations and Technical – to help with site needs.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
• Experience or knowledge of sanitation of food/feed manufacturing facility
• Experience in past paced manufacturing facility.
• Knowledge of GHP/GMP and 5S practices
• Knowledge of Microbiology is an asset
• Experience working in a team
• Good communication, Cost conscious, Initiative, Self-motivated, Team player, Safety & Hygiene & Quality conscious
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.