You will be responsible for elements of the RDP Cloud architecture, alongside a talented team of 20 architects. Your role spans Content, Analytics and Applications, it offers leadership within Technology and Products as Refinitiv pivots from Product offerings to Data Platform.
The role will work on thought leadership, strategy and project work – delivering the Data Platform. The role acts as the go-to person and domain specialist for individual products or specific technologies in RDP and provide a proven understanding of the key business drivers and underlying technologies. The role will also drive the definition, agreement and implementation of technology strategy and makes proper use of industry and corporate standards and best practice, as well as, applies appropriate technical governance processes.
- Designs technical solutions that will fit into long-term business objectives.
- Initiates and participates in activities that cross Refinitiv organizations and business units.
- Helps explore and bring new systems to operational status, applying new technologies and approaches in innovative ways.
- Recognizes problems in existing designs and recommends remedies/solutions.
- Analyzes and validates architecture, balancing trade-offs between technology and business requirements where vital to find the optimal technical implementations that maximize value to the organization.
- Acts as a technical domain specialist, consulting on application and infrastructure development projects to fit them to the architecture
- Partners with project manager(s) to incorporate technical dimension to project status reports.
- Provides influential leadership, partners and/or serves as a liaison to the business partners, other architects, technology management, and development staff and in other organizations.
- Advises and educates management on technology.
- Understands business constraints such as cost, and distinguishes between needs such as cost savings and value creation to ensure technical solutions.
- Translates technical judgments into business opportunities and management constraints.
Knowledge and skill:
- Has advanced knowledge in multiple technical domains.
- Has solid understanding of business practices and business analysis.
- Possesses advanced analytical skills with the ability to synthesize business requirements with technology capabilities to produce a coherent technical architecture.
- Has the ability, under pressure, to rapidly solve underlying issues and to propose viable solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to operate across organizational boundaries, to influence vendors and technology staff and to have an impact on the internal and external technology community.
- Ability to quickly learn new product and business concepts.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills to reach binding agreement on architectural decisions for a project
Education and qualification:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related technical field and/or meaningful work experience.
- Solid understanding of existing Refinitiv technology and content.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certified, AWS Associate Architect or Developer advantageous.
- Collaborating across Boundaries
Impressive benefits? Of course.
We support our colleagues’ health and wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts& savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations.
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.