General Mills is seeking a technical cybersecurity professional to champion key initiatives across the enterprise as the manager of the Cyber Security Operations team. The Cyber Security Operations (CSO) Manager leads the CSO function to implement and maintain solutions to cybersecurity based problems, threats and risks in a secure and efficient manner in support of the overall Cyber Security strategy in order to protect General Mills assets. The Cyber Security Operations manager will own the delivery of differential protective technologies whilst continually challenging the team to provide innovative, high caliber services and solutions through continual process improvement and focused skill development. An ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong leadership capacity and deep knowledge in the fields of network security, risk management and SecDevOps.
40 % of Time Functional Responsibility
• Manage the CSO team focusing on exceptional execution and excellent customer service.
• Actively develop team members and provide technical guidance to ensure the maintenance of foundational technical capabilities
• Lead the design, implementation and administration of cyber security capabilities and novel solutions across people, process and technologies.
• Closely collaborate with the Cyber Security Engineering & Operations manager to ensure appropriate platform life cycle management and curation of technical roadmaps across multiple technologies.
• Cultivate and foster a learning and growth mindset environment focused on continuous improvement through automation, optimization, scalability and efficiency.
• Actively seek opportunities to benchmark externally to develop and maintain relationships that help enhance insight and perspective
30% of Time Operational Responsibilities
• Manage day to day operations for the team
• Drive team performance and measure key performance indicators.
• Handle incident escalations and triage.
• Collaborate across boundaries to identify opportunities for improvement and support the continual rationalization of key technology platforms.
• Ensure conscientious stewardship excellent customer service delivery.
• Ensure appropriate workload capacity planning and maintain effective resource allocation.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring for staff members as needed.
• Lead debrief meetings for incidents ensuring effective root cause analysis is completed.
• Scripting and automation experience using Python, Ruby, Bash, Ansible or Power Shell.
30% of Time People Responsibilities
• Manage training and development for CSO.
• Provide performance management, development and mentoring of team members.
• Leverage internal tools, frameworks and industry best practices to motive and inspire individual growth and excellence
• Ensure regular 1:1 to provide guidance, support and feedback.
• Cultivate a transparency centric, emotional safety and trust-base environment
Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: Computer Science or related
Preferred Professional Certifications: CISSP, CEH, Network+, Security+, CCNA
Minimum years of related experience required: 5+ years
Preferred years of related experience: 10 + years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
-Demonstrated inventory management, customer service, and production forecasting skills
-Can prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Previous experience in supporting & leading a team in a global matrixed organization
Keen business engagement experience
Can prioritize & complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Excellent people management skills that with demonstrative experience building, mentoring and developing teams
Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks on tight deadlines
Lead the team by example providing direction and guidance
Practical knowledge of Cyber Security related technologies, procedures, and best practices
Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
-Energizes and develops people
-Anticipates market trends that will impact competitive advantage
Fosters environment of collaboration, teamwork, transparency, positive relationships, accountability and results within and across teams
Provides group members with stretch tasks and assignments that match personal and organizational goals
Effectively delegates work by balancing business need and individual development goals
Actively coaches team members in developing skills to build fact-based business cases and persuade others to support their ideas
Promotes and demonstrates initiative by identifying opportunities and ensuring development of sustainable solutions that add value to the business or Cyber Security
Motivated individual with a passion for understanding and delivering business value and service excellence
Creates an environment that drives decision speed and broader impact
Collaborates with stakeholders to prioritize and align resources
Contributes to resource planning and negotiations
Provides timely, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others
Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues to a diverse audience
IDP, Objectives, Midyear and annual reviews
Provide technical guidance and remove roadblocks for the team
Direct team towards innovation, efficiency, efficacy and value creation