As a member of the group for external collaboration fully integrated in the department of Medicinal Chemistry in Vienna the agile and precise interaction with manifold partners and CROs in the global scientific community is required to be successful. Acting at the interface between BI’s internal and external scientific network including new modalities like PROTACs, active sharing, open communication and a problem-solving attitude will be an essential mosaic of success. The position reports to the Scientific Director – External Collaboration and is a fixed term contract for 3 years with option for extension.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Evaluate data sets/perform structure-based design to develop drug optimization strategies and communicate these to external partners
- Generate experimentally testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making
- Demonstrate scientific leadership by efficient coordination of internal project teams and of external partnerships
- Work effectively together and collaborate with experts, other research teams and disciplines (medicinal chemistry, cancer genetics, pharmacology, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, structural research, patents, medicine and marketing) across the global discovery research community (industry and academia)
- Report regularly results in a clear and concise manner to Senior Management written and orally
- PhD Degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry with a proven scientific track record as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications, patents and presentations
- At least one year of post-doctoral training in academia/or industrial research experience the field of medicinal chemistry
- Prior experience in establishing and successfully leading academic-pharma and/or pharma-CRO collaborations
- Leading by example by sharing best practices, demonstrating scientific expertise and team science, and fostering a trustworthy, passionate and collaborative work environment
- Fluent in English (as working language) and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 60,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Want to learn more? Visit [...] OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. For applicants, virtual video interviews will initially take place. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the recommended hygiene rules. We warmly welcome new employees to our 3-day onboarding event, which takes place in the form of an online event.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Ready to contact us? Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find many interesting facts about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
If the position is not relevant for you, but might be interesting for someone you know, you can still forward it to friends or colleagues.