Our Amazing #TeamZaloni
We are the frontline evangelists and trusted advisors to our customers. Zaloni understands its customers require industry expertise as well as an ability to help them meet their business objectives. As an Associate Software Engineer on the Product Support team, you will play a crucial role in helping us build and maintain an industry-leading Data Lake Management platform. You will be working closely with Product Development and Product Management using your Big Data Solutions skills to improve and enhance the quality, reliability, and stability of our platform. You will solve complex problems that range from performance and scalability to usability.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
We are looking for energetic engineers who can easily understand clients’ needs and work with a global development team across India and the US to deliver solutions. You will be working in Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Angular while also immersing yourself in Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, etc. All new graduate engineers participate in a Product Bootcamp when they join Zaloni. Bootcamp is a training program that lasts approximately 48 weeks where you gain insight into the range of product work happening across Zaloni by supporting multiple clients while identifying your passions and strengths and aligning them to a team where you will have the most impact. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a team that best suits your areas of interest, networking events, and professional development opportunities across all our technology groups. Connect with other engineers who are starting their career at Zaloni and build a network that you can rely on to support your growth and best interests!
● Effectively communicate (initial response) support ticket information to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
● Work closely with teams across India and US
● Identify problems with low priority (P3 and P4), solve them through understanding, define them logically, and document them properly in the Support portal - Confluence or Wiki
● Troubleshoot multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution as well as bug reporting
● Monitor specified critical paths related to the program(s)/project(s)
● Work in an Agile environment
● Escalate tickets/issues whenever they require assistance
● Test scripts written by senior team members
● Test hotfixes and CFD during Support acceptance
● Study KBs and Arena docs and report any discrepancies to senior team members
● Prospective graduate with an emphasis in either Computer Science or Engineering
● Basic knowledge of software development principles and architecture
● Willingness to demonstrate increasingly complex problem-solving and creative thinking
● Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods
● Minimum 60% from Class 10 onwards
● Knowledge of Python and Linux
● Understanding of Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
● Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS or Google Cloud, is preferable
● Proficient in providing quality support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing big data product issues
● Motivated to explore and study new technologies to continue upgrading with the latest technological change in the market
● Ability to communicate regularly with management on program status and escalate major problems or issues to management
● Understanding of projects that use Linux, Java, Python, data analysis, data science, machine learning, deep learning, or artificial intelligence, data structures, and algorithms.
Our Awesome Company
Zaloni simplifies big data for transformative business insights. We work with pioneering enterprises to modernize their data architecture and operationalize their data lakes to incorporate data into everyday business practices. Zaloni’s data management platform, Arena, provides total control throughout the data pipeline from ingestion to analytics, with comprehensive data management, governance and self-service data preparation capabilities for IT and business users. A leader in big data for more than a decade, Zaloni’s expertise is deep, spans multiple industries, and has proven invaluable to customers at many of the world’s top companies. We are proud to be recognized by CRN’s 2017 Big Data 100 list, Forbes top 20 big data companies to work for, and Red Herring’s Top 100 North America Award.
For additional information, please visit [...]