Toppr is India’s leading edtech company with a mission to make learning personalized. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 13 million students. Along with the learning app, our School Operating System (School OS) and the recently Launched Toppr Codr product, provide students with the complete in-school, after-school and co-curricular learning ecosystem. We have the widest syllabus coverage with over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, Eight Roads, Kaizen and Foundation Holdings.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Toppr is looking for its Associate Vice President (AVP) - Brand Marketing. In this role you will be responsible for external and internal communication, messaging and brand positioning. You will engage with multiple stakeholders across Advertising and Media agencies, Sales, Finance, and Product teams to develop and execute strategies for various business verticals of Toppr.
You will lead branded and creative content, social media and all communication including ATL and media planning. You will work closely with business verticals to sharpen the positioning for various TG. You will lead consumer and brand studies to keep defining consumer personas and ensure top brand health. You will be the brand custodian.
We are looking for people who are obsessed with customers, can bravely take smart risks to innovate and have a deep sense of ownership with transparency. Your key responsibilities would include -
● Lead Toppr’s marketing initiatives from strategy to execution across brand positioning, design, social media, customer marketing, content marketing and PR
● Design and execute multi-channel brand marketing campaigns in alignment with the business objectives
● Ensure our brand message is exciting, strong and consistent across all marketing channels
● Analyze consumer behaviour and determine customer personas to define effective communication strategy
● Monitor competition to deliver insights into communication planning and development
● Plan, execute and track overall ATL campaign Planning, in close coordination with Creative and Media agencies
● Provide marketing support to Business verticals, performance marketing and other teams as appropriate
● Build & continuously improve systems to ensure marketing spend results in a predictable revenue inflow for all the business verticals of Toppr
● Target the right audience for brand awareness, interest, and consideration
● Build brand marketing playbooks that can be leveraged to scale
● Ensure that the brand representation is consistent and updated across product, sales and marketing teams
HOW YOU’LL RAMP
In First Week...
● Understand Toppr’s journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
● Spend time with the Marketing, Product, Sales and Finance teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr’s offering, its competition, and its product, marketing, and sales strategies.
● Get to know your existing team, understand current best practices and cadence
By Day 30...
● Understand the business/ industry, the consumer segments and the competition
● Familiarise with the business verticals, sales and product teams and the roles they play with respect to your business goals
● Ideate and align with the business teams on the medium/long-term brand objectives
● Evaluate the overall plan on paper with respect to resourcing and budget, identify gaps and work towards bridging those
● Break the plan to multiple projects with time-lines and budgets and set up tracking and reporting mechanisms
By Day 90...
● Execute the plan/projects on paper in motion
● Assess/ evaluate all projects with respect to the benchmarks and do course correction/optimisation
● Develop consumer personas and competition monitoring techniques
● Define key differentiators sharpen the positioning of Toppr
● MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs) with overall 7+ years of experience
● 3+ years working experience in brand management or leading brand marketing in a consumer internet brand with end-to-end responsibility
● Prior experience with content led marketing is a plus
● Experience with brand building, activation and management in a high growth brand is preferred
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with 7+ years of work experience with deep expertise in the areas of brand positioning, concept development and communication for digital-first brands. B2C marketing or/and product experience in tech companies will be an added advantage.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following skills:
● Creativity: You are obsessed about customers, their needs, journeys and pains and can create vibrant campaigns that resonate with customers, compelling them to take action
● Communication: Excellent command on language and articulation with an eye for detail
● Leadership: You have an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams.
● Collaboration: Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
● Problem-solving: Comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction.
● Self-driven: Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
● Expertise: Ability to run and end to end branding campaigns including developing value proposition, creative communication, media distribution and tracking campaign ROI
● Analytical: Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing data, and transforming it into actionable marketing strategies.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN TOPPR
● Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
● Continual growth and impact: We have over 10 million users, and we’ve more than tripled our revenue year-over-year. Touch the lives of millions of young students. Watch your work make an impact on achieving Toppr’s goals.
As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company and become the future CMO of Toppr.
● Great exposure to all parts of the business: You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a business.
● Complete ownership: You’ll have the freedom to strategize, drive daily operations, and run experiments to increase the revenue and EBIT.