Assistant Vice President – TAS – Operations Restructuring
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increase returns. As part of a global team of professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital.
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our Restructuring Advisory Services team is fully integrated both within our wider Transaction Advisory Services practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. Our restructuring professionals augment their technical knowledge with in-depth industry experience, so they understand the specific competitive environments in which our clients operate. Our Financial restructuring team leads negotiations with key stakeholders to design and deliver sustainable capital / debt structures. We support negotiations by helping prepare robust financial information which is used to lead options analysis and strategic decision making. Operational and strategic transformation teams rapidly identify and address the root causes of stress/ distress by executing measurable action plans that protects assets and value. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
You will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives – whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management.
Skills and attributes for success
1. Practice Building & Business Development
• Create and manage strong independent relationships with clients at senior positions with minimal partner involvement, expand client base with new wins and conversions (both existing and new clients)
• Build strong external networks. These have to be leveraged for building and growing the firm’s business
• Participate in building the Operational Restructuring practice of the Firm
2. Partner and build relationships, Lead role in client service delivery. Act as a Trusted Business Advisor
• Participate in advising clients on strategic issues and understanding client’s needs
3. Independently lead and coordinate the planning and management of medium/large assignments, with a focus on
• Pricing, Billing & Recovery
• Maximizing fee opportunities
4. Risk Management
• Develop and implement risk management strategies, plans and activities with minimal partner involvement
• Manage sensitive and high level risk issues
• Proactively resolve (with Partner support) risk issues in delivering service to clients
5. Knowledge Management
• Champion knowledge sharing efforts, review and continually improve processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge
6. People Management
• Build a strong team and be a strong role model, mentor and coach
• Assist in resolving people issues
• Assist in recruiting activities for the SBU
Solutions we offer:
• Crisis Stabilization
• Short Term Cash Flow forecasting and management
• Business and Strategy Review
• Interim Management
• Debt Restructuring, Externalization of Debt, Refinancing
• New Debt Syndication
• Bonds and other structured products
• Liquidation and Wind Down
• Formal Insolvency appointment
To qualify for the role you must have
• Minimum: B.E. / B.Tech. (from premier institute) or a CA (training from reputed CA firm)
• Preferred: MBA from a premier Indian or global institute
• Experience - 6 - 15 years of relevant post qualification experience
• Consulting background/ Blue Chip Industry experience with specific expertise in Strategy/ Operations/ Business Planning/ Strategic Cost Reduction/ Supply Chain Management/ Process Re –engineering/ Finance Function Transformation/ Change Management
• Project Management experience in complex environments
o Leadership skills
o Business development
o Strong market network and relationship building skills
o High team orientation
• Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
• Able to work under high pressure and adapt to a dynamic working environment
• Excellent problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent command of spoken and written English language
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience of working as/ with interim management in a Distressed Corporate situation or a crisis situation.
• Experience of advising corporates in a turnaround situation with respect to liquidity concerns, stabilizing operations, develop business plans, etc.
• Experience of working in Operational Restructuring environment
• Experience in forecasting & managing short-term cash flows
What we look for
EY Restructuring and Turnaround practice is looking to add exceptional individuals with strong operational expertise across levels. We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice
• A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Visit the EY Careers site to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.