We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage the latest and greatest the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing. What you'll do at Markit Digital
Our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the high quality of Markit Digital's software by verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements, and communicating risks to the business.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will support the development, testing, and automation of a new UI platform designed to improve time-to-market and consistency across our entire company. You will be part of a highly skilled and versatile team working in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation, and test execution. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
· Setup test frameworks and help teams setup automation infrastructure
· Develop and execute [automated] test scenarios for testing of back-end operations (APIs, Deployment, Scaling, etc)
· Work with QA teams to create, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications
· Work with developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
· Create, execute, and automate test scenarios from use cases for existing and new solutions
· Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
· Identify and implement ways to provide efficiencies to test cycles
· Analyze and troubleshoot issues
· Interact with team members to analyze complex projects and break them down into detailed and functional tasks
· Assist with the creation and analysis of test results
· Advocate for quality and the user experience
· Create test strategies in collaboration with the Agile team that consider all phases of testing, such as unit, integration, API, feature testing, design, accessibility, compatibility, performance and load, regression, etc.
· Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, required documentation, testing processes, and the overall quality of the agile team's software.
· Ensure all products conform to WCAG Accessibility guidelines. Interpret guidelines and suggest changes that will make the product more accessible, in the absence of concrete requirements. Validate products are ready for submission to a third-party Accessibility Certification provider.
· Proven experience designing and creating automation frameworks and test suites
· Experience testing RESTful API’s through Postman collections
· Experience with TestCafe or Selenium
· Experience writing test strategies and creating test cases
· Experience with at least one major UI framework (Svelte, Vue, React, Angular)
· Experience with Git version control
· Experience setting up, modifying, and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
· Experience with WCAG 2. 0 A and AA standards
· Web and Mobile Accessibility
· Jaws/NVDA/Voice Over/Talk back screen readers
· WAVE for facilitating web accessibility evaluation by providing a visual representation
· Experience with other assistive technologies
· An understanding of Atomic design
· Experience with Nodejs
· Experience with API testing
· Experience with SonarQube
· Experience with Sentry.io
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
· The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
· Can-do attitude
· Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
· Ability to lead the development team in testing efforts
· Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Where we're going
Hot on the heels of moving our service-oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and Vue. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.