About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O'Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia's most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O'Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O'Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. About the role
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems and Safety Assurance Engineer in Perth, Western Australia. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately-owned tier 1 constructor and international engineering enterprise. Key responsibilities
You will be responsible managing project safety assurance (SA) and systems engineering (SE) activities and provide systems assurance advice and support to both the project and the Systems and Safety Assurance Manager. This includes:
- Resolving complex issues pertaining to safety and risk across multiple projects.
- Undertaking Safety Assurance (SA) analysis for the project design, including Hazard Identification (HAZID), safety controls, and actions and produce/review the related safety documentation.
- Establish that the safety requirements have been included in the design and communicated to relevant construction/commissioning parties
- Develop Safety Assurance Statements and Safety Assurance Reports
- Developing and implementing requirements management process across the project lifecycle
- Acting as point of contact for SE and SA activities with both internal and external relevant parties
You will hold a relevant engineering degree combined with comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering and system safety and associated management processes gained at senior level or as a consultant to, major projects associated with complex, high reliability operating environment. Benefits
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke. com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.