WhiteWater makes products, but at our heart, we are a service business, and that means we are a people business. In this way, we excel and create value for our clients by listening to their needs, collaborating to create solutions, problem-solving and attending to the details. Our culture, as you would expect, reflects these traits. We are a diverse group of experts, from creative designers to talented engineers. Whatever the expertise we bring from all over the world, we listen and learn from each other because we are aligned behind a clearly understood purpose: together we create fun for families everywhere.
Interested in starting an exciting career with WhiteWater? Apply today!
WhiteWater is looking for an Attractions Install Advisor & Controls Technologist to join their team! Reporting to the Manager, Construction Operations, this position is responsible for the installation and commissioning of automated control systems. This includes sensor installation, computer setup, network configuration, system testing and customer technical training.
- Controls Technologist Responsibilities
- Field wiring, software installation, testing and commissioning of interactive rides (travel required).
- Computer network installation and troubleshooting.
- Mechanical and electrical system troubleshooting.
- Customer liaison while on-site for ride feature installation requirements.
- Interacting with on-site electricians and mechanical installers.
- Technical training of customer staff to maintain the rides.
- Creation of technical operations documentation for installed systems.
- Updating of installation design documents to “as-built” standards.
- Attraction Install Advisor Responsibilities
- Advising WW clients, subcontractors and internal/externals Project Managers regarding the best installation practices of Waterpark and Attractions equipment in conformance with WW engineering drawings as well as company and industry standards.
- Striving for Customer Service Excellence and acting as the primary on-site liaison between the client and Whitewater West Industries.
- Reporting of daily activity, including timecards and expenses, and progress on-site to the applicable Project Manager and Construction Resource Supervisor.
- Inventorying of manufactured components and ensuring that the Project Manager is advised of any missing material prior to the start of construction.
- Sequencing of work to ensure the most expeditious installation of materials in coordination with the client and other subcontractors.
- Recruitment and supervision of local construction labour or subcontractors that will be assisting with the installation of WhiteWater equipment.
- Able to outsource material or rental of equipment on site. Identifying and pursuing any cost savings opportunities to the Project Manager and ensuring that installation timeframes are minimized wherever possible.
- Perform slides, attractions and or equipment inspections to ensure that it has been installed pursuant to the engineering drawings, site policies and industry standards and prepare detailed reports about the findings and certification/commission of rides in accordance with company policies and certification manual.
- Degree or technical diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and troubleshooting of complex control systems.
- Hands-on experience with circuit analysis and electrical prototyping/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer and networking setup and troubleshooting.
- Experience with AutoCAD software.
- Understanding of electrical installations in harsh or marine environments.
- Experience with electrical panel design, building and testing an asset.
- Proven ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Supportive of colleagues, decisive and able to resolve difficulties under adverse conditions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Hands on, roll up your sleeves, do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Accountability – We do what we say
- Collaboration – We work well together
- Customer Focus – We know and respond to our customers
- Communication – We listen to and understand each other
- Authenticity – We are honest and trust each other
- Resilience – We deal effectively with pressure, are persistent and optimistic
- Flexibility & Adaptability – We are willing and able to respond to changing circumstances