Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Associate Auditor will be part of the EMEA Internal Audit team, and He /She will be based in Luxembourg or in Dublin.
Job Description Summary:
- Execute audit assignments with the emphasis on the EU business, draft audit issues for review by audit management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues;
- Utilize internal audit best practice tools and processes to evaluate Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and enterprise standards in the EU region;
- Completing all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations;
- Evaluate test results: accurately identify symptoms, root cause, problems, and identify alternative controls;
- Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business, and respective support areas and working in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally;
- Effectively communicate the results of audit work;
- Capable of operating in a fast pace, diverse and matrixed environment while managing multiple assignments;
- Detail oriented and capable of clearly and concisely documenting work papers, issue statements, and audit reports. Developing and maintaining broad risk & controls experience;
- Keeping current on business/industry changes and their effect on the business, audit plan/approach and risk assessments.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of external or internal audit experience and knowledge of relevant EU regulations (e.g. PSD II, Privacy, AML regulations…). Industry experience should be from a recognized credit institution or a large and high growth company that provides a variety of financial products and services. The candidate should have proven experience in evaluating internal controls or compliance programs. Working experience with regulatory bodies is also recommended.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organized individual;
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment;
- Able to understand risk and control concepts;
- Analytical & problem solving skills;
- IT audit experience a plus;
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred;
- Ability to travel – up to 20%;
- CPA, CA, CFE, CAMS, CISA, CIA or CISSP preferred;
- Innovative mindset and ability to develop ideas seeking ways to add value to the Global Audit team and the business.
- Execute, with the support of an Audit Senior / Manager, a range of internal audit activities (review of process and controls, testing, analysis of potential issues) from the planning and fieldwork through reporting;
- Support the EMEA and the broader PayPal audit team;
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with clients at all levels from management through to Executives;
- Identify and deliver on value added services to the clients;
- Provide clients with strategic and operational solutions to their needs;
- Big 4, Fintech, Banking/Financial Services Experience or EU Regulatory experience.
- Experience using audit data repository, work paper documentation, risk assessment tools such as TeamMate.
- IT or Data Analytics experience are plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.