Requisition ID: 33322
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Control, Automation & Electrical team is a Hatch global discipline providing engineering design expertise to Hatch's metals, infrastructure and energy business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle comprising; scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, sustaining capital works and project management. Our team in Sudbury is looking for an Automation Engineer to contribute to our continued growth.
• Instrumentation and control system design, control strategy development, PLC/HMI programming, commissioning.
• Communication system design including WLAN, LTE, fibre optic infrastructure and voice networks.
• Project management for automation work and mentoring junior team members.
• Client engagement on projects, business development to generate work.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university, and licensed as a P.Eng in Ontario.
• Minimum 6 years of diverse experience spanning design, programming and commissioning.
• Demonstrated knowledge of control systems, instrumentation and communication systems.
• Strong understanding of cost & schedule management, delegation of work to a team and managing team performance to deliver projects.
• Self-starter with the drive to go above and beyond consistently
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on a technical and interpersonal level.
• Experience in the mining and/or energy sectors.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.