- Rare Opportunity in a World Class Test Environment
- Push the boundaries, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Career progression and development opportunities
Here at NewsCorp Australia, we have an awesome opportunity to join our ever transforming QA and Test Environment practice.
Reporting to the Test Delivery Practice Manager for the Digital Product domain, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a world class test practice. We want to deliver at pace, shift quality left and reduce manual testing effort, through high value test automation.
What’s the role?
- Responsible for embedding test automation in to our Digital Product function, targeting new feature test automation as part of the definition of done
- Providing counsel on the best automation tool for the job
- Manual test planning and execution will be required at times, however the automation first principle should be applied
- Championing and implementing key Quality practice initiatives - automation, shifting left, test data management
- Collaborating with Test Delivery Platform Manager, Automation and Platform Leads to implement test automation for targeted high value areas
- Working with both Sydney and India based teams
Who are you?
- A passionate automation engineer, who understands a good script from a bad one as well as advising on the strategic direction of test automation for maintainability and expansion
- Strong Experience creating web and or mobile Automation frameworks from inception, as well as good knowledge across multiple automated tools
- A forward thinking quality advocate, who is not afraid to question the status quo
- A champion for continuous improvement
- Extreme problem solver and key collaborator
- An amazing Influencer and relationship builder, who enjoys technical talk with developers, test engineers and architects
- Experience or understanding of CI/CD pipeline, appreciating the benefit of early software feedback
- You appreciate Agility and seek opportunities to implement agile practices across the SDLC
- You enjoy researching best in class QA automation practices
- Happy to go beyond your role title to get the right outcome
What are the key day to day activities?
- Embedded within an agile development team, attending all of the relevant ceremonies, ensuring that automation becomes part of the Definition of Done
- Creating automation scripts as part of new feature development
- Executing scripts, assisting with embedding them within CI/CD pipeline
- Building out automated environment smoke tests or regression tests as required
- Working closely with developers to ensure that the automated tests target the right functionality and depth
Who are we?
This role is part of the Technology, Data & Digital (TDD) group who are at the forefront of digital delivery and technology innovation for News Corp Australia, the #1 destination for news, lifestyle, sport, and business content with the largest online audience across the country.
We’re focused on creating simple and scalable technology solutions, dynamic and innovative products, and a data capability that will deliver insights to grow our business. We are literally everywhere - both in front and behind the scenes in almost everything News Corp Australia is trying to achieve.
As a team, we’re on a mission to become world-class and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on that journey. People who are curious, resilient and flexible and not afraid to speak up to represent the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of our audiences. The more diverse our teams, the quicker we solve problems and identify, and make the most of new opportunities.
For further information regarding this role please contact Micah Atienza in the Talent Acquisition team via email@example.com. To apply please attach your CV using the appropriate link and ensure that you notify your current Manager if you are asked to attend an interview. Please note we will not be able to organise an interview until you've notified your current Manager.
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
Your application will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review all application instructions before applying.