At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
The purpose of the position is to manage Automation Design initiatives. The Sr. Automation Engineering Manager drives team development of new automation equipment, work with sites to proliferate the equipment. Position manages and owns the P & L of this department. Work includes managing flexibility and growth of Automation team to meet the changing business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages Automation team in the design of automation equipment.
· Manages the P & L of department.
· Generates forecast, and monitors alignment of expenditure and forecast.
· Manages the proliferation of equipment designed to customers.
· Drives team of engineers and technicians in the development of innovative equipment design and ideas.
· Manages the design, execution and management of all projects to ensure deadline ad budget are met.
· Manages team staffing to meet current business needs of Jabil.
· Liaise with other sites and other relevant section to understand their automation needs and find solutions to these needs.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of electronics industries processes.
· Expert knowledge and skill in project management.
· Advanced knowledge of EMS industries.
· Advanced knowledge of automation design and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Minimum 10+ years progressively responsible experience in automation design engineering.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.