We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Position Summary: Axiom Developer
As an AxiomSL Developer, you are responsible for:
• Responsible for the configurations and enhancements to the Axiom SL platform.
• Provide expertise, recommendations and best practices on solutions.
• Design and develop regulatory solutions on AxiomSL, ControllerView framework.
• Collaborate across IT and Business to understand requirements and provide technical solutions that meet stakeholder needs.
• Provide estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and unit testing, improving accuracy over time.
• Contribute to business meetings for technical design, problem solving and task implementation.
• Design, code, and test for functions of medium to high complexity.
• Participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications, programs and unit test plans.
• Support Deployment / Releases and provide resolutions to technical issues found in Production environment.
• Work within Agile development methodologies to consistently deliver quality code in a timely manner
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required.
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
• 5+ years of IT experience working in an Agile environment.
• Must have 5+ years of AxiomSL Development experience, AxiomSL Controller View Certified is a plus.
• Experience in Regulatory and Risk reporting is preferred.
• Hands on experience creating Data Sources, Data Models, Shorthands, Portfolios, Aggregations, Free Form and Tabular Report and workflows using AXIOM Controller View tool based on Regulatory Report Requirements.
• Good understanding on Axiom component deployment across the environments.
• Migration of Axiom components from one environment to another.
• Demonstrable experience with Regulatory Reporting, PL SQL and Data warehousing.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in Canadian banking domains is highly preferred.
• Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
• Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
• Ability to see the big picture.
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.