We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are looking for a back-end developer to the development team of the Talend Data Governance Platform team. This team provides all necessary services to support Talend's products requirements. All these services must comply with the expected 99.9% SLA requirement.
We are looking for an experienced developer comfortable with Java, Scala, Docker & Kubernetes but also experienced in debugging distributed systems.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle from development to production monitoring. Apart from possessing strong technical skills, the candidate should show a strong bias for action. He should be open-minded and comfortable with the motto: "You design it, you build it, you operate it".
· Identify tactical and long-terms product improvements (could be code, script or documentation related)
· Collaborating with other team members in investigating and resolving technical or performance issues and performing root cause analysis
· Lead and contribute to the implementation of improvements (could be code, scripts, configuration)
· Production support (working hours) · Evangelization of dev and QA team about production support best practices · Maintaining technical documentation
Skills and experience
· BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. · At least around 2 years of practical experience in Java software development · Knowledge In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Linux and Docker · Ability to communicate smoothly, effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. · Experience with architecting and implementing solutions at scale · Experience with a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure · Self learner, active technology watch
Nice to have
· Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Prometheus · Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment · Good understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes Experience
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.