Job ID: 98052
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial - No
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems. Working on one or more specific modules within a large software system scope.
1. Engineering - Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follows Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as design-led thinking, DevOps, etc) and release processes. Ensures code is well designed, testable, maintainable, scalable and supportable. Develops software verification plans and automation, and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Promotes system reliability and operability. Provides demos of software products to stakeholders.
2. Investigation - Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
3. Analysis - Analyzes requirement documents/HLDs. Performs impact assessment (for example, for critical production issues) and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.
4. Team Work, Collaboration and Empowerment - Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, provides comments and suggestions, makes decisions together quickly and effectively, and works with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
5. Technical Ownership - Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection, reviews developed solutions, and provides relevant feedback.
6. Innovation and Continuous Improvement - Actively searches for innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
7. Quality and SLAs - Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc. Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
• 5+ years of experience in Java (or other object oriented programming language)
• 2+ years in Python, Perl or other programming language
• Knowledge of Networking Concepts
• Experience with SOAP and/or REST APIs
• Experience with Chef, Ansible, Puppet and/or Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with NGNIx, Flask
• Experience with ANT, Maven, Jenkins
• Experience with TDD (test driven design) and/or J-unit framework or similar
• Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL
• Data modeling experience
• Knowledge in one of the networking domain, the OSS domain or the BSS domain
• Experience with using restAPI’s for traffic generators - e.g. Ixia ,Viavi would be beneficial
• BScH Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce