As a Senior Backend Engineer you will design, implement and maintain a secure and tested application, frequently liaising with other teams across multiple disciplines.
- Work closely with colleagues across Product Engineering to deliver high-quality software that provides direct value to farmers and enterprises
- Collaborate with the Data Science team by providing them with quality data and delivering their models’ output to customers via application services.
- As part of the team you will contribute to the why (roadmap), what (story review), how (detailed design and architecture) and when (work estimation, deadlines etc.) we build the product plans
- Level-up developers via design discussions, code reviews and pair programming, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation
- Provide Tier 3 support (identify, troubleshoot, fix and workaround) for applications and services – you own your code!
- Write applications that are modular, well tested and easy to maintain
- Develop, deploy and maintain back-end services and APIs, for internal or external use
If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, including:
- 3+ years of back end / web service frameworks (C# / .NET preferred)
- Design and use of RESTful APIs (OData desirable) and Cloud-based microservices leveraging queues and serverless functions with state caching (Azure preferred)
- Microservice principles of Service Discovery, CQRS/Event Sourcing, Distributed Tracing, and Service Integration Testing
- Relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, MongoDB)
- MVC and ORM paradigms (EntityFramework desirable)
- Modern CI/CD practices applied to complex multi-repo code bases
- Ability to orchestrate service calls and data flow across internal microservices while optimizing a lambda architecture for high performance and reliability
- Team player who challenges assumptions, identifies blind spots, and constantly levels up their craft
- Resourceful, proactive, and constructive when faced with incomplete requirements and multiple priorities
- Maturity to interact directly with partners, own challenging assignments and take accountability for the team’s success
You are also:
- A self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement
- Flexible and a multitasker
- Able to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment
We are Connecterra:
We build an AI that will impact the future of our planet.
As a full-stack technology company, our engineering challenges range from designing hardware sensors to building a machine learning platform, a farmers’ assistant that can run a dairy farm more effective than a human. We call it Ida. She learns about the behaviour of farmers and cows, then provides guidance on making better decisions.
Join us to build an AI that has purpose.
Learn more about us here or check out our press coverage.
The Tech Team
The Connecterra Engineering and Tech Team is at the core of our company. We keep all systems running and build powerful housing for our AI to grow and learn. Most importantly, we are a key component in the company’s strategic development.
We have an eclectic mix of technologies and languages in our stack, but we are working on converging towards a unified stack for easier maintenance. Our tech stack spans Microsoft .Net, Python, Java, React, Angular and a host of open source platforms. You will have a say in setting the direction of evolving our technology stack, just come prepared with solid arguments.
Every day we work hard on making the world a better place, thus the happiness and well-being of our team members is important to us. We currently offer the following:
- A diverse, open minded and creative working environment
- Competitive package
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- The opportunity to play a vital role in an exciting start-up
- Fantastic office space in Amsterdam with a nice panoramic view
- Tons of snacks and fruit, optional catered lunch plan
- A fridge filled with special kinds of beer and drinks
As we grow as a company this list will also grow.