Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 4.4 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
- Design & build mission-critical backend applications in a rapidly-changing, fast-paced environment
- Take full ownership of your work, bringing creativity and helpfulness to the workplace every day
- Think big and consistently deliver innovation while solving complex problems
- Bring bleeding edge technology into varied problem domains as a member of a high-performing, self-organizing team
- Manage an application in production with millions of daily users
What is your team about?
During past years, Voodoo acquired strong knowledge to build and distribute games to entertain the world. In the Gaming Platform department we are gathering our games in a single app, and create social layers (voice chat, tournaments, leagues...) that will make our users’ experience more social and interactive. An example is Lig, an iOS app that turns our games into daily mini tournaments.
How do you match with our Stack?
- Backend code written primarily in Golang with microservices architecture
- Cloud hosting is AWS with regular ongoing use of EC2, S3, ECS, EKS, SNS, SQS, Route53 and Cloudfront
- DevOps/CI is implemented using CircleCI, Git (GitHub), Docker/Kubernetes and new relic
- Emphasis is placed on CI/CD- Persistent database is MongoDB
What do we expect?
- Solid experience building backend applications
- Eagerness to learn new skills and code using new languages
- Familiarity with CI tools and processes like CircleCI and Agile development
- Familiarity with services & technologies used in our Stack
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive salary ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathons ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Grant for Purchase of a Bike
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position in line with the levels outlined in the Voodoo Career Path.
We are offering all Voodoo members of staff a flexible vacation policy, allowing us to take as many paid days off as we need as long as the work is done and objectives are complete.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interview that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Lastly, our test and case studies culture is an integral part of the recruitment process and will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!