At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Analyst will be responsible for interpreting the business needs of HR stakeholders and for documenting and developing the reporting analytics that meet those needs. This includes the design, development, maintenance, integration and reporting of business systems through cubes, ad-hoc reports, and dashboards. The Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst will work closely and effectively with internal stakeholders and business analysts to provide support and expertise in data management, reporting and underlying infrastructure. This position may also need to cover oversight and guidance on deliverables provided by external partners as well a supervising & leading role in the team.
- Work with the business to define report requirements and translate those requirements into reporting deliverables.
- Design complex business intelligence and analytic solutions based on functional requirements.
- Translate data results into written reports, tables, graphs, and charts.
- Ensure the availability and performance of the solutions and reports.
- Participate in and lead functional and technical specification reviews.
- Research technical solutions to business problems.
- Develop/train on company standards and procedures to support self-service BI.
- Provide training and technical assistance to other team members and users for generation of various types of reporting.
- Provide ongoing support for legacy and future BI solutions.
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University Degree in the field of computer science or Information Technology or years of work experience in that field.
- 3 to 5 Years of Work-Related Experience.
- Experience in developing reporting or dashboard solutions with BI tools (PowerBI preferred).
- Experience in creating data models (SSAS Tabular Model preferred).
- Proficiency in ETL and Data Warehouse concepts.
- Strong SQL and scripting skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSRS, Power Pivot, Power View, PowerBI).
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical skills (quick comprehension, abstract thinking, recognize relationships).
- Ability to be a strong team member and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and reasonably estimate work effort for tasks.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information.
- Ability to accurately collect information to understand and assess the clients’ needs and situation.
- Understanding of HR operations and processes, and experience in employee data management a nice to have.
- Excellent English language skills (written and oral).
- German language skills (written and oral) are of advantage.
10-25% Regular Overnight Travel.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 40.000,- with appropriate qualification. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
05--Information Technology F--Permanent/Regular