We are seeking a talented Senior Big Data Engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- You will be Designing and developing NextGen Security Analytics Product in the cloud from ground-up.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future.
- Working with big data technologies KAFKA, SPARK, Elastic Search , HDFS, IMPALA / HIVE / SPARK SQL / Scala.
- Design, develop, maintain products to build large scale tera bytes of indexes while giving fast searching in Java.
- Researching and implementing for code design, adoption of new technologies and skills.
- You'll create high-performance Restful APIs to be consumed by external partners.
- You will be building highly scalable Micro-services that interacts with Qualys Cloud Platform
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of JAVA development experience with Microservices architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with Hadoop Ecosystem.
- 2+ years of experience in Spark.
- 2+ years of experience in Lucene / Elastic Search.
- Should have knowledge of working on HDFS, Hive, Yarn and Spark
- Should have knowledge of Schema registry
- Strong logical skills for code design and implementation.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering scalable solutions.
- Good knowledge of SQL, advanced data structures, design patterns, object-oriented principles.
- Experience with API, SDKs and third-party integration.
- Should be well versed with Java 7 / 8 and Scala.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS preferably Oracle.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and docker .