DLA Piper is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly experienced Billing Assistant interested in supporting our attorneys with client billing, then we want to hear from you. This position is located within the IPT practice group in Brussels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing, proofreading billing drafts on a monthly basis and submitting to attorneys for review and approval
- Research and reconcile unapplied payments and/or missing entries
- File invoices electronically as necessary
- Process matter maintenance request such as address changes, discount requests etc.
- Generate and distribute reports and maintain accurate records
- File client information on a consistent basis
- Pulling together information from various software and ensuring a seamless match
- Processing complex bills and assist with special projects to ameliorate the billing system
- Administrative Support for Partners (back-up)
- Work closely with the Finance department to follow-up outstanding accounts
- 4 years; experience in billing or accounting
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Billing experience in a law firm environment is a plus
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Detail oriented with great attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.