Create exceptional customer experiences for our patients.
Join our team!
Business Analysts at the TELUS Health Carrier Support Centre answer questions relating to system operations and respond to requests for information on services from group insurance carriers. Interactions are mainly carried out via email, and occasionally by phone. Analysts also support insurers with all procedural and operational aspects of production and operations in the field of healthcare for all of our products: prescription drugs, dental care and extended health coverage.
- Permanent position (37.5 hours/week)
- Working from home full time, supported by our TELUS Health Lifestyle program (including use of cutting-edge equipment and applications)
- Work hours: Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a complete group insurance program (prescription drugs, extended health coverage, dental and vision care, and life insurance) and participation in the Employee Share Plan.
- Support clients with advice on the use of our applications
- Provide insurers’ call centres with support for claim processing
- Provide support for plans, rules, messages, group coding, procedural codes (for dental and extended health care), coverage parameters, eligibility files, technical aspects of using the systems and fee guides, as well as reasonable and customary fees
- Carry out requests to create/modify user accounts
- Respond to requests and questions based on service agreements with insurers
- Analyze and look for solutions to problems with electronic and paper claim processing
- Analyze and look for effective solutions to general problems (replication, mapping, messages, etc.) raised by insurers’ customer service and claim services departments
- Create procedures for new tasks and update them as required
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle if you have. . .
- At least 5 years' experience in customer service or in a service-focused field,
- Experience in the group insurance industry, and more specifically in extended health coverage, dental or prescription drugs,
- College or university diploma,
- The following skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Dedication to customers and a highly developed sense of customer service
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in a work environment with a matrix structure
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong ability to coordinate and effectively manage priorities
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
you create future friendly
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.