Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst in IBM, you will:
- Analyse business needs, gaps and issues using Agile methodology
- Recommend best possible solutions to address the problem
- Stakeholder management and engagement for both internal, client and industry stakeholders
- Overall accountability to ensure high quality and timely solution delivery
- Understand and translate customer needs into business and technology solutions, providing consultation on the customer digital journey and digital transformation
- Provide implementation of design services through a range of digital methodologies
- Analyze as-is and to-be processes to define system/technology/business requirements
- Support user requirements capture and translation of requirements into business and digitally enabled solutions
- Support the delivery of quality functional/application digital designs
- Support development and implementation of quality business digital solutions for the client
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or have equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in business analyst role or equivalent management consulting experience.
- Experience with query languages such as SQL, and Unix query tools such as awk or grep.
- Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines
- Some understanding of DevOps tools such as BitBucket, Gitlab, and Bamboo
- Knowledge of big data analytical techniques would be a plus, such as map-reduce.
- Exhibit a data-driven mindset and able to communicate well with data
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity when working on data manipulation with common and basic tools likes excel, text editors, google sheets
- Meticulous, strong analytical ability, documentation and project management skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, decision-making skills and a responsible attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Any prior experience in Business Process Management projects and/or Agile Methodology will be beneficial.
- Knowledge and working experience with Cloud, AI Automation, Big Data technologies would be advantageous.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and nology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, nology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of nology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.