Sydney Australia (AU)
VIE - Specialty Insurance Business Analyst, Sydney
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Using its experience and expertise, “ The Art & Science of Risk ”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – in Life & Health insurance as well as in P&C insurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
SCOR's aim, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
- Key role is to work in proximity with underwriters to maintain and develop a profitable SBS’ portfolio by handling various underwriting related activities.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc reports related to marketing, underwriting and claims activities
- Proactively handle the pre-underwriting process including handling of underwriting submissions, data capture (DCS), nat cat modelling and pricing.
- Contribute to efficient underwriting analysis and accurate benchmarking.
- Carry-out the contract administrative duties regarding preparation of legal referrals, ensure complete underwriting files, client creation in systems and preparation of underwriting checklists.
Liaise/communicate with internal and external stakeholders to handle technical accounting, premium closing, claims notifications and joint-underwriting approvals (SCOR UK Specific).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Renewal and new submissions analysis and processing
- Download UW submissions, provide instructions to TAs and fill out sanctions questionnaire/KYC screening
- Organise data in DCS (instructions/queries)
- Analyse renewals and changes focusing on SI, LOL, deductibles, rates, deductions, sub-limits. Perform benchmark comparing by occupancy by countries and completing benchmarking table/spreadsheet.
- Legal Referrals including: Fac Cert/Reinsurance Terms and Conditions, NDA/Lender's Clauses, Sanctions Clause, Anti-money laundering/anti–terrorism financing, Cancellation Clause
- Create new clients on SalesForce, execute KYC Bridger Screening, Prepare CC/UW Checklists, Follow-up on policy wording
- Liaise with SCOR UK to finalise files with UW info package: breakdown of premium for tax, terrorism premium and policy wording. Follow-up with SCOR UK legal for legal referrals and follow-up for claims/refund/fees related queries.
- Monitoring and reporting of the activity
- Follow-up and identify discrepancies on technical accounting premium & closing. Clarify premium issues: tax, breakdown, terrorism premium etc.
- Claims notification management: identify contracts, shares, limits, reserving etc.
- Work closely with Marketing & Distribution/Finance/Claims team to ensure production of accurate report related to marketing, underwriting and claims
- Work with CTO team on portfolio analysis and on various technical/performance/planning data analysis
- Analyze claim details to identify contracts, shares, limits, reserving, to monitor and feedback any claim anomaly
Required experience & competencies
- Working experience in international insurance, or reinsurance company or broker
- Industrial and/or corporate working experience
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen and Fast learner
- Proactive and committed
- International minded
- Analytical and detailed
- Tertiary, preferably from engineering discipline.
- Insurance and/or Reinsurance knowledge would be preferable