- Are you a critical thinking Business Analyst interested in working within the B2B space?
- Do you enjoy working in a high performing team and want to make a difference?
- Join OFX and make a difference on a Global scale!
OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hi. Nice to meet you. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’)
Currently, we have an exciting new Business Analyst position available, for a talented BA with B2B experience, who enjoys working within a high performing team. This is an 8-month contract role.
This role is within a fast-moving team and will involve working with some ambiguity to achieve objectives, and so would suit a proactive and high performing individual with strong stakeholder management skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our products for the future.
What you’ll be doing
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats. Understand how technology can support business goals
- Build strong relationships with internal and external business partners to identify opportunities and build technical solutions that fulfil business needs
- Drive the E2E requirements across one or many delivery teams depending on the solution, as well as help & track the delivery of the business outcomes
- Identify problems within the business, including using data modelling techniques, constructing workflow diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications
- Communicate with people at all levels of the organisation to determine how technology solutions can meet business needs
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems, including enhancements and be a key person to conduct UAT to ensure what has been developed is in line with business requirements
- Run workshops and training sessions; adopt new ways of working and support operational organisational changes required to create and sustain technology capabilities
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true business needs
- Conduct gap analysis and work with technical leads/architects to identify where existing solutions do not meet the business requirements. Model the data requirements and work with the appropriate people to ensure that the data will support the new solution
- Document and prioritise user stories and project requirements in conjunction with the product manager/owner or project requirements in conjunction with the project manager
- Ongoing management of the backlog and/or requirements to ensure that it is aligned with business needs
- Help define and articulate the business problem and product vision where required
- Maintain consistent and constant communication with stakeholders, in alignment with the PM or PO
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the right changes are delivered within the agreed timeframe
- Encourage open and transparent communication
What you bring
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analysis Role
- B2B experience with a good understanding of APIs and other integration methods; or aptitude & zeal to learn it quickly
- Proven ability to drive technology teams to deliver results
- Experience working in client/consumer facing products and projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with a strong commercial awareness
- An interest in, and understanding of, project delivery techniques (Agile, project management etc.) and computing systems
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Extremely well organised, strong time-management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated experience working on Scrum and/or Kanban based products
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and to think on your feet and learn quickly
- Knowledge of and significant experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Collaborative style with a good sense of humour
Preferred (Not essential)
- Experience in payment services (cross border is a bonus) or Fintech or Financial Services industry experience
What it's like working at OFX
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually
- Always keep learning. Drive your own learning with LinkedIn learning, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning
- We take pride in having a work/life balance and flexibility; we encourage employees to work productively and efficiently. Our OFXers enjoy Birthday leave to celebrate their birthday however they choose
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organise events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Whether it’s participating in our weekly yoga class (now also on Zoom), office happy hours, end of year celebrations. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
- We have some great perks. On-site barista, fresh fruit, showers with towel service.