Join our team
Are you passionate about technology and proficient in collaborating with technical teams to deliver high-quality technical content that helps operations teams and customers? We are looking for a creative, conscientious and highly-motivated out-of-the-box thinker to create clear, compelling content to support our key business priorities, drive measurable outcomes for our customers and deliver a competitive advantage for our business.
Every day, TELUS team members are envisioning what the future holds and building secure, state-of-the-art technologies to simplify our customers’ lives and transform the way we deliver services in an increasingly digital society. The TELUS Technology Strategy and Business Transformation (TSBT) team is at the heart of building TELUS’ next-generation networks, driving innovation and leading the charge on TELUS’ investments in best-in-class technology solutions so that our customers get faster access to the latest services.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Business Consultant (Operations Communications) within our TSBT team, you will be responsible for leading campaigns to drive awareness, learning and behaviour change related to critical technology initiatives to help TELUS deliver the advanced technologies that will improve the lives of Canadians. You will be joining a multi-functional team that will look to you to work closely with leaders across the organization to support the successful execution of technology, transformational and culture change initiatives. As a key link between our developers, engineers, operations professionals and the broader TSBT team, you will help to align stakeholders in support of key operational priorities including driving innovation and enhancing the reliability of our networks, platforms and processes.
Our industry and technologies are constantly changing, so a key part of being successful in this role involves being able to adapt and thrive in an environment of change – on any given day, you could be developing a learning campaign for a new technology or process, an update to our executives or technology team on a service disruption, a presentation for our leadership team, a recruitment marketing campaign or an operational program update. If you’re a strong communicator with insatiable curiosity, relentless drive and limitless optimism, we’ll be excited to have you join us to tackle some of our biggest challenges.
- Lead the development and delivery of technology communications including operational updates, incident reporting, executive presentations, event updates and learning content
- Work closely with senior leaders and subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of the technology, incident or topic at hand and the requirements for communications or documentation
- Write easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of audiences including internal teams, technical specialists, executive leadership, the Board of Directors and external
- Support the development and implementation of marketing communications and learning campaigns focused on critical technology and organizational change management initiatives
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and synthesize them into clear and meaningful communications
- Passion for delving into research and engaging with experts to enhance your knowledge of technology concepts
- Familiarity with using multiple channels to disseminate operational updates and learning programs, such as web content, blogs, video, bulletins, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an obsessive eye for quality
- Ability to build relationships and work with leaders at all levels
- Aptitude in managing high volume workloads while paying close attention to details
- Capacity to learn quickly from success or failure, apply sound judgement, and get things done in times of change and ambiguity
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google applications including PowerPoint and Google Slides
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in technical writing, communications or marketing
- Background in telecom, government affairs and/or consulting
- Deep understanding of technology, technology architecture and business processes
- Fluency in French
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability —your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.