Amazon is seeking a Principal level Strategic Business Development Manager to join our international team in Greater China. This is a unique opportunity to join a centralized team that manages strategic partnerships across all of Amazon. As a Strategic Business Development Leader you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Amazon’s most complex and high impact partnership activities while having a strong technical aptitude to identify best in class partnerships for Amazon Web Services (AWS). This includes managing relationships and negotiations for partnership deals which are unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to AWS, and other Amazon business units.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, current trends around innovation, and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful technical analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Identifying and executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon, and our AWS growth. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. Strategic Business Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships that can involve marketing, content, commerce, and technology components.
· Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
· Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute deals.
· Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
· Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon’s business teams on a global basis.