About PGA Labs
PGA Labs is a business research firm revolutionizing the way intelligence-led consulting services are delivered. We are present in three strategic locations in India (Gurugram, Mumbai, Bengaluru) with deep capabilities across consulting, market studies, qualitative research, quantitative surveys and digital services. Our teams are multifaceted with a unique mixture of consulants, research analysts, business analysts, data scientists, web-scrapers, digital marketing, and others to guarantee a 360-degree approach towards market research & intelligence. We regularly works with large funds (Venture Capital / Private Equity) and fast-growing companies across India, Southeast Asia, Middle-east, and the US – solving a wide variety of organizational and business challenges through actionable data-led insights and consulting assignments. Our best in breed teams perform the highest quality of consulting and business research and analysis covering the following areas:
• Product benchmarking & brand health diagnostics
• Sector scan reports
• Competitive intelligence
• Survey administration and management
• Consumer and partner research (In-depth Interviews, Focus group discussions, etc.)
• User experience research and voice-of-customer
• Customer experience tracks
• Organisation benchmarking
• Market segmentation
• Market sizing and attractiveness
• Brand equity & pull
• Process mapping and BDP development
• Mystery shopping
To lead the growth momentum at PGA Labs, enable future success and build long-term client relationships, we seek to hire a Business Development Manager. The incumbent will be expected to steer the strategic direction of our revenue strategy, and our associated growth programs.
About the role
• Understand the client’s underlying / tacit business problem and contextualise how our business intelligence and research expertise can help them become “future ready”
• Adopt a consultative selling approach to foster and grow the client relationship
• Drive sustainable business growth and forge strong business relationship with existing and potential clients, other stakeholders
• Develop plans and strategies to build a healthy sales pipeline and achieve the company's sales goals
• Research and identify sales opportunities, generate leads, target identification, classification, seeking clarification
• Leverage existing client relationships and references to identify opportunity and expand / develop sales in other parts of a client organisations
• Continuously work to enhance coverage as well as depth of clients by nurturing multi-level connects with decision makers, influencers and exec sponsors within the customer and partner organizations
• Engage key clients and stakeholders by sharing knowledge / IP / PGA Labs insights relevant to their industry/sector
• Conduct market / customer research and analysis and keep abreast with industry and market trends to develop business proposals
• Participate in creating competitive proposals for the clients
• Review sales targets, and pipeline, and amend the sales strategies / plan accordingly
• Work very closely with fulfilment team to understand ground level challenges/realities in project delivery. Leverage this understanding to refine / position our value proposition and to drive client satisfaction
• Oversee the project delivery to ensure adherence to the SLA’s committed to the client.
• Make presentations or pitches outlining our key offerings pertinent to client requirements.
• Assist seniors in pitching for clients and identifying opportunities for growth.
• Collaborate with practice leaders / practice members to build partner ecosystem, and develop channels to acquire new customer segments.
Competencies and skills
• Strong B2B sales orientation
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong ability to research, analyse and communicate key commercial value drivers
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to understand client's needs and developing trusted relationships
• Quick presence of mind to create sales opportunities
• Understanding of the research and business intelligence market and types of offerings
• Comfort with selling in a highly competitive consulting industry
• Proficiency in PowerPoint is a must and working understanding of Microsoft Excel is desirable
• Strong levels of ownership and should demonstrate pride in output
• Must be a value-driven individual with high degree of integrity
• Graduate from a Tier1 institute OR MBA or an equivalent postgraduate qualification (preferably with ‘Marketing’ major)
About the parent company: Praxis Global Alliance (Praxian Global Private Limited)
Praxis Global Alliance is a next-gen advisory, management consulting and business research firm revolutionizing the way consulting projects are delivered. We deliver practical solutions to the toughest business problems by uniquely combining domain practitioner expertise, AI-led research approaches, and digital technologies. Present in three strategic locations in India (Gurgaon, Bangalore, Mumbai), Praxis Global Alliance works with Csuite to the front-line executives across business streams helping them with competitive intelligence, benchmarking, and sector review, tracking, and landscape support in an agile environment.
The company operates four business units:
1. Financial Investor Group (FIG) offering pre-deal support, commercial due diligence, post-acquisition value creation to leading financial investors globally
2. Business Enablement and Transformation (BET) for practitioner-led business advisory and consulting for fast growing or large businesses
3. PGA Labs focused on technology-led business and market research, known for most accurate and trustable research, and
4. PraxDigital™ delivering data engineering and analytics, AI, OpenData and visualization solutions to clients across verticals.
This role resides within the PGA Labs business unit of Praxis.