Aragon Global Management is a long/short fund active in the global equities markets, with a focus on the Tech, Consumer and Financials sectors. Founded in 2001 by Anne Dias, Aragon was started with initial capital from Julian Robertson of the Tiger Fund and became one of the largest hedge funds managed and started by a woman. It has received awards from Institutional Investor, The Hedge Fund Journal, and US Banker, among others. After a period of managing proprietary capital only, Aragon will be reopening to third party capital in 2021. The firm has offices in New York, Chicago and Paris.
The fund is invested globally, with about half of the portfolio invested in non US stocks, and follows a fundamental investment strategy and a multi-year time horizon.
You can find more information about Aragon on our website.
Aragon is looking for an Associate Intern to join the Client and Investor Relations team to contribute to the team's efforts to develop relationships with investors and prospects.
Based in Aragon's Paris office, the Business Development Associate Intern will report directly to Aragon’s Partner and Head of Development.
A. Business Development
- Provide support in the development of marketing materials
- Assist in keeping accurate knowledge management by documenting prospect contacts, conversations, and updates in Aragon's CRM (Pipedrive)
- Research and qualify potential investors
- Prepare briefings for Partner ahead of meetings and conference calls
- Organize and execute special projects and events, including Aragon Philanthropies.
B. Executive Support & Office Management
- Strategically manage the agenda of Aragon's Head of Development and organize travel and related logistics
- Provide support to the office of the CEO on an as-needed basis (including scheduling, CEO's personal philanthropic contributions, and others)
- Ensure Aragon's Paris office meets high standards of hospitality for external guests and staff (management and optimization of supplies, organization of in-office and offsite meetings, etc)
To be successful in this role you must:
- Enjoy being in a dynamic startup environment: being able to take on multiple projects, work independently, manage your time to meet deadlines, and happily tackle work that ranges from high-level responsibilities to more tedious tasks.
- Be a proactive and organized taskmaster
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Display a positive attitude and high energy level and demonstrate high emotional intelligence
- Be resourceful and proficient with technology and are comfortable using cloud-based tools
- Hold confidentiality and discretion to the highest standard
- Be familiar with asset management or finance industry (not required but a plus)