Remote FriendlyBusiness And ManagementEuropeFull-time
SAI Global, a global leader in Risk Management software, is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager, based in Germany, to focus on expanding our EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) software solutions within the DACH region. The role, which will be home-based, will identify, develop and close business opportunities across key industries, and will suit a candidate with a proven track record within complex enterprise software sales. As a Business Development Manager, you will be expected to generate business leads and opportunities alongside demonstrating software capabilities to key client stakeholders as part of the sales process – as such, and in order to be successful in the role, we are ideally looking for a candidate with a background in EHS software sales or Risk Management solutions and corresponding services.
Due to the nature of the role, the Business Development Manager must be able to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining responsibility for several simultaneous sales campaigns. The ability to present and demonstrate SAI’s EHS value propositions to clients is critical to success. Additionally, you will be expected to manage the transition of the closed accounts to colleagues in professional services and support. An overview of the main duties has been provided below:
• Attract, target and close new clients across the DACH region for our EHS solutions and services, with a focus on selling our EHS Risk platform to Enterprise accounts.
• Manage all aspects of a research based, strategic sales process to identify new opportunities based upon understanding client pain points.
• Qualify target accounts using Consultative Selling methodologies and hunt into prospected accounts to win new business.
• Deliver effective executive presentations to demonstrate compelling business use case and strategic partnership based upon SAI Global differentiation and unique value within the EHS space.
• Own & support the delivery of timely responses to RFIs and RFPs
• Ensure all stakeholders are engaged through to Deal Closure
• Manage and coordinate the smooth transition from pre-sales to post-sales activities
• Represent SAI Global as a thought leader in the EHS software markets
• Report to senior management on all activities.
Experience and Skillset required:
• A proven record of achievement in software sales and new business development, ideally within EHS/IRM software or another highly regulated field, with medium-to-long sales cycles
• Proven experience selling multi-year, subscription-based SaaS products
• Experience and success in managing high-value and complex relationships with senior management in large corporations
• A good understanding of EHS issues affecting international businesses
• Additional European languages would be a plus.
• Strong commercial acumen, with a flair for high-value sales
• Confident and effective communicator, both written and oral, and presenter
• Excellent consultative selling and contract negotiating skills with an ability to close a deal
• Ability to deal with customers at senior management and board level
• Strong networking skills
• Self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a broader team
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Good IT literacy and skills, including proficiency in Salesforce/CRM systems and MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
SAI Global is a recognized leading provider of integrated risk management solutions and assurance solutions. We help organizations protect their brands by proactively managing risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability, and trust.
We have a history rich in the development of innovative business solutions, and today this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in our core business areas of risk management software, standards aggregation, regulatory content, ethics and compliance learning, risk assessments, certification, testing and audits.
SAI Global acquired BWise from Nasdaq in 2019. The combination of BWise’s award-winning risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance platform with SAI Global’s industry leading SAI360 risk and compliance solution created the most complete integrated approach to risk management in the marketplace.
For more information, visit our company site at [...] or our career site.