The Business Development Manager helps DAC achieve new business revenue targets.
- New Business for local office/s
- Research, identify, prospect, contact and sell DAC services to new clients.
- Includes creating and maintaining a pipeline of the appropriate number of qualified leads in order to achieve new business targets for local office/s
- Includes responsibility for the full sales cycle from creating a pipeline to closing the deal.
- Works closely with the local President, VP, Account Directors and other management team members (such as CEO, President of Digital and Director of Research, Director of Creative) through-out the sales cycle. Specific duties vary depending on the step within the cycle, but this position is responsible for overseeing the process from start to finish, bringing in the appropriate resources at the appropriate time.
- Meet income targets for new business for local office/s, based on local office operating plans.
- Identify market opportunities and plan internal resources to achieve new business targets.
- Works with Research, Account Directors and other management team members to determine the appropriate strategy and marketing approach for prospects, based on DAC Group’s overall philosophy and corporate strategy.
- Relationships: Prospects and new clients
- Foster positive business relationships with prospects of DAC resulting in an Agency appointment.
- Ensure a smooth transition of new DAC clients to an Account Team.
- Financial Performance: NBU
- Assist in controlling expenses in accordance with agreed upon budget.
- Assist in the development of an operating plan for local office/s with DAC’s corporate strategic direction, while considering market opportunities, economic and competitive environments.
- Industry Knowledge
- Continue to demonstrate expert knowledge of industry products, applications, sales methods, and program planning and research techniques.
- Keep up to date with DAC’s account management process
- A minimum of 5 years of similar experience, in a new business position within the didital marketing industry
- Experience in a consultative sales position, with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding new business targets
- Knowledge of web-based technology used for business advertising with an understanding of digital lead generation services
- Experience selling a service
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to think quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in preparing quality RFP’s, and to present to C-level decision makers preferably within medium to large US based companies with a national scope
- Good business acumen, with the ability to understand a prospects business in a variety of industries
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-development skills, both internally and externally
- A good understanding of businesses and possible prospects within region of the local office/s
- High-energy and highly responsive, with the ability to empathize with potential clients and determine creative solutions that meet the needs of the client
- University degree, preferably in business or marketing
- Experience with SalesForce is helpful