Would you like to own managing relationships with the Private Equity (PE) community, and influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their portfolio companies’ infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the PE ecosystem and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the PE firms and their portfolio companies. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate PE’s to target, driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the PE and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management, partner and marketing teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the PE community.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Identify key PEs with portfolio companies that have infrastructure needs, and drive engagement with those PEs.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
· Work closely with the PEs and the portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new PE engagements.
· Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the PE community on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
· Some relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America & EMEA and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the AWS Private Equity team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.