AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
This is a Full Time position that will work out of the Calgary, AB location.
The Business Development Representative is expected to promote AGAT Laboratories’ entire portfolio of services with emphasis on Petroleum Services, Rock Properties and Reservoir Characterization. It is their responsibility to manage all aspects of the sales function in an efficient and effective manner. This opportunity includes total customer service management of a defined client portfolio, generating incremental sales to existing customers while increasing our overall customer count and revenue. The selected candidate will be involved in supporting the creation and execution of business plans that meet and exceed budget expectations.
- Solicit new business opportunities for AGAT Laboratories and identify sales opportunities to improve AGAT Laboratories’ position
- Maintain the current strong relationships we have with our current customer listing
- Implement account and/or category specific sales and marketing initiatives
- Manage business relationships with assigned accounts and generate new business in alignment with our objectives and values
- Understand the customer centric approach of AGAT Laboratories and promote its virtues to develop long lasting business relationships
- Support annual business and territory plans for assigned territories to achieve our annual budgeted sales objectives
- Prepare category and business reviews and leverage insights to identify sales opportunities and improve our category position
- Attend industry workshops; be involved with professional associations and attend tradeshows
- Monitor competitive market activity, continually gather and communicate competitive information, prospect for new business and capitalize on opportunities available in existing locations
- Perform administrative duties where necessary
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Post-Secondary Education Preferred (Chemistry, Geology, Engineering)
- Minimum (5) five years of experience in sales
- Professional, positive and outgoing demeanor with excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise sales presentations
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Unquestionable work ethic and ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Valid driver’s license Class 5 with clean driving record.
- Candidate will be requires to supply and utilize personal vehicle for business use (mileage paid).
- Travel in AB is required
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.