Job Description :
When you attract people who have the DNA of pioneers and the DNA of explorers, you build a company of like-minded people who want to invent. And that's what they think about when they get up in the morning: how are we going to work backwards from customers and build a great service or a great product" – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com's success is built on a foundation of customer obsession. Have you ever thought about what it takes to successfully deliver millions of packages to Amazon customers seamlessly every day like a clock work? In order to make that happen, behind those millions of packages, billions of decision gets made by machines and humans. What is the accuracy of customer provided address? Do we know exact location of the address on Map? Is there a safe place? Can we make unattended delivery? Would signature be required? If the address is commercial property? Do we know open business hours of the address? What if customer is not home? Is there an alternate delivery address? Does customer have any special preference? What are other addresses that also have packages to be delivered on the same day? Are we optimizing delivery associate's route? Does delivery associate know locality well enough? Is there an access code to get inside building? And the list simply goes on. At the core of all of it lies quality of underlying data that can help make those decisions in time. The person in this role will be a strong influencer who will ensure goal alignment with Technology, Operations, and Finance teams. This role will serve as the face of the organization to global stakeholders. This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with both stamina and mental quickness to be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth global organization. Excellent communication skills and executive presence to get in front of VPs and SVPs across Amazon will be imperative.
Key Strategic Objectives: Amazon is seeking an experienced leader to own the vision for quality improvement through global address management programs. As a Business Intelligence Engineer of Amazon last mile quality team, you will be responsible for shaping the strategy and direction of customer-facing products that are core to the customer experience. As a key member of the last mile leadership team, you will continually raise the bar on both quality and performance. You will bring innovation, a strategic perspective, a passionate voice, and an ability to prioritize and execute on a fast-moving set of priorities, competitive pressures, and operational initiatives. You will partner closely with product and technology teams to define and build innovative and delightful experiences for customers. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and have the ability to break complex problems down into steps that drive product development at Amazon speed. You will set the tempo for defect reduction through continuous improvement and drive accountability across multiple business units in order to deliver large scale high visibility/ high impact projects. You will lead by example to be just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you will be about all other aspects of customer experience.
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
· Develop process to effectively maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
· Be successful in a delivery focused environment and determining the right processes to make the team successful.
· This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done.
· Possess superior analytical abilities and judgment. Use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize and influence, show creativity, experimentation and innovation, and drive projects with urgency in this fast-paced environment.
· Partner with key stakeholders to develop the vision and strategy for customer experience on our platforms. Influence product roadmaps based on this strategy along with your teams.
· Support the scalable growth of the company by developing and enabling the success of the Operations leadership team.
· Serve as a role model for Amazon Leadership Principles inside and outside the organization
· Actively seek to implement and distribute best practices across the operation
Basic Qualifications :
· 5+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
· Experience managing a data or BI team
· Experience leading and influencing the BI strategy of your team or organization
· Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· 6+ years' experience as a Data / Business Analyst
· Proficiency with data querying or modeling technique with SQL or R
· Experience with automated self-service reporting tools
· Confidence in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level staff
· Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
Preferred Qualifications :
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· 6+ years' experience with 3+ years Analytics and Process Improvement-related initiatives
· Experience working with cloud data repository services such as AWS redshift
· Experience and ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet