Remote FriendlyBusiness And ManagementEuropeInternship
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. We are a team of builders that set out every day to innovate on behalf of AWS’s largest customers and disrupt the status quo on their behalf. We don’t sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we are on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a team where every day is full of engaging and meaningful work.
The AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) team is seeking an experienced Operations professional to partner with the our EMEA Sales Leadership team to define, land and execute against the organization’s strategic priorities.
In this role, you will lead the creation and formalization of the sales and business operations mechanisms, which includes establishing critical processes and operational controls, developing dashboards, metrics, and analytics, and leading strategic considerations for the EMEA Sales business. This is a career defining opportunity for a proven cross-functional leader to shape and drive the operating rhythm of these fast-growing teams.
This position also manages the administration and execution of the team’s goals, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the Business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results.
This role is not a "fixed job-description" type of role. The rapid changing nature of the business and Amazon's rapid rate of change and innovation means the successful candidate will operate best in environments of ambiguity and will find satisfaction in both large-scale history-making work and minor day-to-day activities alike.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
· Develop, improve, and sustain creation and formalization of sales and business operations
· Lead all aspects of EMEA Sector reporting and analysis ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reporting
· Manage metrics and deliver regular reports on progress against KPIs and status – report impact regularly to internal stakeholders
· Generate performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior Sales Directors, VPs, and the WWPS leadership team in order to drive and manage the business
· Coordinate with corporate teams to influence the roadmap for enhanced business intelligence and CRM tools to support the business.
· Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives
· Manage complex programs and quick-turn projects while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
· Produce strategic narrative documents for the WWPS leadership team and Executive Leadership
· Constantly innovate and improve programs and program management mechanisms, suggesting new ideas and best practices for improving the business.