Would you like to help the Worldwide Public Sector business at Amazon Web Services (AWS) more effectively support the Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) business? Do you have the business background necessary to direct AWS’s strategy for investing in the public sector?
At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements across the world, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Project Controller Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills. This manager will be responsible for working closely with senior leadership to ensure reports are relevant and helpful, defining and delivering on reporting timelines, and training audiences on how to use our data tools.
A successful individual will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-group working relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Position is located in Sydney, Australia.
Key Responsibilities of the team include, but are not limited to:
• Project Administration: Ensure complete and accurate project set up consistent with the statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of billable time and expenses across the team. Reconcile labor data. Provide a revenue forecast based on project assignments and schedules.
• Opportunity Pipeline Management: Work with sales and ProServe teams involved in proposing, selling, and forecasting new business. Support the drafting of SOWs and collaborate with clients to finalize pricing terms if needed. Interface with clients on all governance issues related to invoicing.
• Billing/Invoicing/Collections: Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data feeds to track revenue and collections. Interface with clients to facilitate the resolution of any invoicing and collection dispute.
• Planning & Analysis: Accurately plan, forecast, and execute programs to help the ProServe practices meet/exceed yearly revenue commitments. Collaborating with practice managers and the sales operations teams to track and report key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh all management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
· Extensive experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global sales organization
· Strong Excel experience and the ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
· Relevant experience working within ANZ government contracting in the services industry
· Relevant experience in business management and operations
· MBA with concentration in Business or Finance
· Proven experience optimizing project accounting and billing systems for a professional services business
· Able to operate autonomously in a lean, fast-paced organization
· Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business.
· Experience using BI tools and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce.com, Tableau)
· Experience with managing vendors on business systems implementation projects
· Skills in collaborating and negotiating with external customer procurement contacts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Important FAQs for current Government employees
Before proceeding, please review the following FAQshttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/faqs#faqs-for-us-government-employees
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.