ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
Business Operations individuals work across different areas including incentive compensation, call planning, meetings and events, process automation using Robotic process automation, customer-centric marketing, forecasting, master data management, value and access, research and development and marketing operations. Our Business Operations teams act as trusted problem-solvers and client connectors.
During their career at ZS, Business Operations team members will get a chance to work on a variety of projects that can be largely classified into the following categories. Each specialization applies some unique skillsets that team members are expected to learn over time.
1. Ops Analytics: Leveraging analytics to solve clients’ business problems and operationalizing them. Addressing business concerns and improving program design through ad-hoc analytics.
2. Data & Technology: Configuring and operating data and technology solutions to enable business insights, capability adoption and change management. Engaged in end-to-end tech cycles including requirements gathering, user acceptance testing and operations.
3. Process Transformation: Managing and optimizing operations, transforming processes through Intelligent Process Automation, and advising internal and external teams on ways to improve operations.
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT
Business Operations Associate Consultants (BOACs) manage key work streams that support our clients' business processes and operations. BOACs solve structured problems, develop best practices for operating and optimizing business processes, create deliverables, perform analyses and respond to ad hoc queries from the clients.
• Understand client business issues, operating business rules, data, and standard operating procedures • Identify potential opportunities for process improvement in client processes (Process Evaluation, Maturity assessment and Automation and Optimization using RPA, other techniques) • Develop strong understanding of processes, data, tools & technology to effectively translate business to technology and vice versa and to be a thought partner with clients to provide suitable recommendations to solve challenging business operations issues • Apply quality assurance best practices and ensure team members learn and apply as well • Communicate with internal and client teams on periodic status updates, issue resolution and change control • Working independently to mentor, coach and guide associates in the team, often across multiple offices • Develop deep domain expertise in the practice area • Receptive to initiatives and flexible to adopt new approaches that lead to business operations excellence • Learn and work with supporting analytical tools like Tableau, SQL, SAS, Microsoft Suite, QlikView, ETL (AWS, Informatica etc.) • Develop business story telling skills
ZS welcomes candidates with bachelor's or master's degrees in any Engineering, Operations Management/Research, MIS, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or other relevant academic program, plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience. A demonstrated record of academic success is required.
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following skills:
• Team orientation, ownership and leadership experience • Excellent organizational, task and team management skills • Strong work ethic and personal initiative • Quantitative aptitude to solve structured problems • Capability to develop unstructured problem-solving skills over time • Aptitude to learn required tools. techniques etc. as per project requirements • Strong verbal & written communication, interpersonal and client management skills • Creative and innovative mindset • Ability to work across global cross-office teams • Client service orientation and strong business acumen • Process management, improvement focus and willingness to learn cutting edge tool and technology • Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles (Green Belt certification preferred)
At ZS, project teams are typically small with people drawn from all levels of the organization and often from different offices. Your learning is accelerated through frequent interactions with experts. As a member of a ZS team, you will grow over a period of time to help facilitate and manage client relationships
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable. Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered. ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS on social media:
Like ZS Careers on Facebook
Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS’s accolades.