Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a member of the Internal Controls team, the Complaint Business System Analyst will be an integral part of the next generation complaints program for the PayPal First Line of Defence (FLOD) COE. The primary responsibility will be to strengthen and further develop the analytical review of complaint trends, issues and improvement opportunities.
- Leverage relationships across the PayPal organization to understand, anticipate and facilitate the end-to-end review of complaints data and insights
- Utilize data and analytics to define processes gaps, product improvements and policy changes needed to reduce complaints across the PayPal organization
- Define and implement necessary reporting, monitoring and governance processes to ensure ongoing complaint trending and analysis
- Leverage a thorough understanding of customer sentiment and complaint drivers across all PayPal brands and functional areas to ensure trends are spotted quickly and necessary data is provided to subject matter experts to implement changes
- Work with COE partners including Business Enablement and PMO to ensure ongoing collaboration and adjustment to standardized reporting and roadmaps as needed
- Increase acceptance of new technologies leveraged for complaints analysis through ongoing socialization, communication and training of impacted business partners
- Provide insights to process improvements, system enhancements and/or policy/procedure changes to mitigate the recurrence of complaints
Prerequisite Knowledge & Proficiencies
- Strong analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills. Ability to problem-solve, review and analyze data, effectively assess risk, and identify operational efficiencies. Ability to determine best course of action/make sound recommendations
- Understanding of modern technologies including Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Transliteration and Automated Voice Transcription among others
- Self-motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with several stakeholders including executive level partners
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and other business units.
- 6+ years professional relevant work experience required
- PayPal business understanding is preferred
- Analytics experience is required
- Strong understanding of PayPal Complaints processes preferred
- BS/BA Degree or educational equivalent
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.