Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer - centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
As a Business Research Analyst with RBS, you will work with product, technology and operations teams to drive complex data and trend analyses to root cause issues and propose ways to reduce concessions, thereby contributing to improved customer experience on Amazon. You will also be responsible for identifying and driving new opportunities based on customer and business data and measuring the performance of the same.
Overview of the role
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports. You will also be passionate about helping the team make great decisions based on data, possess exceptional skills in project management and data reporting, and be interested in e-commerce industry. You will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. You will have strong expertise in process optimizations and systems thinking and will be required to engage directly with multiple internal teams to drive business projects for the RBS team. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a deadline-driven work environment.
Works across team(s) and Ops organization at country, regional and/or cross regional level to drive improvements and enables to implement solutions for customer, cost savings in process workflow, systems configuration and performance metrics. Leads projects and opportunities across the Operations (FCs, Sortation, logistic centers, Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering ...) that are business critical, and may be global in nature.
· Leads from medium to large complex, cross-functional strategic projects and opportunities.
· Prioritizes projects and feature sets, evaluate and set stakeholders expectations for Amazon’s marketplace: country, regional and/ or cross regional level.
· Writes clear and detailed functional specifications based on business requirements as well as writes and reviews business cases.
· Applies rigorous approach to problem solving.
· Highly analytical skills needed to interpret large data sets.
· Performs root cause analysis by understand the data need, get data / pull the data and analyze it to form the hypothesis and validate it using data.
· Find the scalable solution for business problem by executing pilots and build Deterministic and ML model (plug and play on readymade ML models and using python skills).
· Structures and develops implementation plans and works with Ops leaders to pilot and test new solutions and then roll-out across the broader Ops organization at country/cross-country and/or cross regional level.
· Credible business partner to Amazon’s Operations network.
· Manages critical relations with external partners (e.g. vendors) and contractors from the initial phase of the project to its execution.
· Possesses relevant understanding and experience on operational processes and workflow. Able to dive deep in the operational process to correct underperforming parts and acts as a trouble shooter.
· Provides technical/operational guidance to the teams, managers, and field personnel on their projects or part of the medium to large project and processes.
· Is consulted regarding operation model, and, for higher levels is considered as a formal owner of the Operation model.