Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Overview of the role
The Business research Analyst will be responsible for continuous improvement projects across the RBS teams leading to each of its delivery levers. The long-term goal of Research analyst (RA) role is to eliminate Defects and automate qualifying tasks. Secondary goals is to improve the vendor or customer experience, and to enhance GMS/ FCF. This will require collaboration with local and global teams, which have process and technical expertise. Therefore, RA should be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports. RA should works across team(s) and Ops organization at country, regional and/or cross regional level to drive improvements and enablers to implement solutions for customer, cost savings in process workflow, systems configuration and performance metrics. Leads projects and opportunities across the Operations (FCs, Sortation, logistic centres, Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering ...) that are business critical, and may be global in nature. RA should perform Big data analysis to identify the defects patterns/process gaps and come up with long term solutions to eliminate the defects/issues. RA should Writes clear and detailed functional specifications based on business requirements as well as writes and reviews business cases.
Key Responsibilities for this Role:-
· Scoping, driving and delivering complex projects across multiple teams.
· Performs root cause analysis by understand the data need, get data / pull the data and analyze it to form the hypothesis and validate it using data.
· Build programs to create a culture of continuous improvement within the business unit, and foster a customer-centric focus on the quality, productivity, and scalability of our services.
· Find the scalable solution for business problem by executing pilots and build Deterministic and ML model (plug and play on readymade ML models and python skills).
· Manages meetings, business and technical discussions regarding their part of the projects.
· Makes recommendations and decisions that impact development schedules and the success for a product or project.
· Drives team(s)/partners to meet program and/or product goals.
· Coordinates design effort between internal team and External team to develop optimal solutions for their part of project for Amazon’s network.
· Supports identification of down-stream problems (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate level before they become project-threatening.
· Performs supporting research, conduct analysis of the bigger part of the projects and effectively interpret reports to identify opportunities, optimize processes, and implement changes within their part of project.
· Ability to convince and interact with stakeholders at all level either to gather data and information or to execute and implement according to the plan.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solver
· Communicate ideas effectively and with influence (both verbally and in writing), within and outside the team.
Key Performance Areas:
· Solve large and complex business problems by aligning multiple teams together.
· Data analytics and Data Sciences
· Machine learning