You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Develops business requirements of applications and projects of medium size and/or complexity. Reviews, analyzes, evaluates user needs.
- Determines, analyzes, and documents simple to medium-size business requirements from the business community and coordinates with the developers to create the system specifications.
- Maintains high-level knowledge of the business’ current technology and infrastructure.
- Identifies areas for improvement on both manual processes and automated systems being developed and supported.
- Communicates with the developers for clarification of business requirements, testing, and reporting of errors found in the systems being supported.
- Formulates test execution strategy, identifies all possible test scenarios.
- Prepares and executes the test plan and conducts the acceptance testing for the developed programs.
- Prepares and documents manual and system procedures in support of the business needs.
- Provides post-implementation and production support for supported systems including analysis of medium production problems raised by business users.
- Conducts business or functional training for the business community and technical team as needed.
Core Professional / Technical Competencies Required
- Able to apply systems analysis and design skills (Specialist)
- Able to apply development methodology used in Sun Life (Specialist)
- Able to apply vendor management skills (Specialist)
- Able to apply systems projects management skills (Competent)
- Able to apply business analysis skills (Competent)
- Able to apply quality assurance skills (Competent)
- Systems Development Life Cycles, its stages, major tasks and deliverables (Competent)
- Life Insurance Business - terminology and principles, products, policies and procedures (Specialist)
Other Common Technical Skills
- Functional System Testing (Specialist)
- Integration Testing (Specialist)
- Regression Testing (Specialist)
Core Soft/Transferable Competencies Required
- Decisiveness (Specialist)
- Communication (Specialist)
- Customer Service Orientation (Specialist)
- Tolerance for Stress (Competent)
- Fast Cycle (Specialist)
- Coaching and People Development (Specialist)
- Manages Courageously (Specialist)
- Negotiation Skills (Specialist)
- Influencing Skills (Specialist)
- Work Standards/Quality Orientation (Specialist)
Business Analysis - Systems
Posting End Date: