Baguio City, PH
As caring for customers becomes the differentiator that drives consumer engagement and spend, Sitel is advancing its position as a world leader in outsourced customer experience innovation. With over 30 years of industry-leading experience, Sitel’s 75,100 passionate and talented associates support more than 400 clients in 48 languages from 146 facilities strategically located in 22 countries. Combining comprehensive customer care capabilities, leading omnichannel solutions and unparalleled expertise across industries, Sitel collaborates with some of the best known global brands to help consistently deliver outstanding customer experiences. Sitel is a subsidiary of Groupe Acticall. Visit www.sitel.com to learn more.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for planning, placing, and maintaining purchase orders, managing inventory levels while also staying within a given financial spending plan, expediting material when necessary, sourcing of suppliers, and reporting on given metrics.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodities to be purchased, including preliminary specification, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
• Solicits and evaluates new proposals for the requested commodity.
• Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
• Negotiates, executes and administers purchase orders and contracts.
• Purchase order placement, maintenance and follow up.
• Coordinates and resolves issues regarding existing and new products.
• Assure that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
• Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
• Identify new suppliers, agree to terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
• Monitor and control inventory levels of all commodities purchased.
• Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spends.
• Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of purchasing operations.
BASIC POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Four (4) or more years purchasing experience.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4 to 6 years’ purchasing experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Knowledge of purchasing techniques, and understanding the make/buy process and cost structure.
• Must be able to perform price and cost analysis.
• Working knowledge or procurement practices and techniques.
• Working knowledge of contracts and contract management.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong supplier relationships.
• Working knowledge of ERP system including supplier and procurement modules required. Knowledge of Oracle a plus.
• Advanced English communication ability (both oral and written).
• Must possess accurate basic math skills as well as the ability to perform calculations of a complex nature (i.e. percentages, conversions).
• Must be able to work independently and possess good problem-solving abilities.
• Must possess accurate alphanumeric data entry skills.
• Moderate input via a standard keyboard.
• Accurate alphanumeric data entry skills. Knowledge of word processing and excel spreadsheets required.
Job Segment: Procurement, Oracle, Database, Purchasing, ERP, Operations, Technology, Finance