• Implement the BorgWarner purchasing strategy for each project planning/controlling/supporting suppliers from new business acquisition phase to 6 months after SOP phase of a project.
• Target to launch suppliers for each component with 0 safety accidents, 0 PPM , 100% on time delivery, 100% under cost budget for each new project.
• ASEAN supplier development with new project to strength local supplier base.
- Focus on program phase from customer awarded business to Program Quality Gate 6 sign-off per project as program core team member and representative of supply chain.
- Start Supplier New Program Launch Process per Supplier Manual and Global NPI Process standard.
- Work with program team to initialize BOM cost, tool/fixture cost and material base compare to the customer offer for RSM update.
- Work with program team to define purchasing strategy after Engineering BOM frozen.
- Attend Project Manager regular meeting and support Project Manager as the representative of Supply Chain Management.
- Set up sourcing timing, preliminary bidders list and preliminary sourcing strategic with Global Commodities Manager and Plant Commodities Buyer, send the RFQ’s to suppliers.
- Review, analyze and negotiate supplier quotation to coordinate design to cost and manufacture to cost activities with suppliers, commodities buyer and SDE to get QCD parameters per program requirements.
- Follow BW sourcing process(sourcing event, global sourcing board etc.)
- Identify the program development issue and get the support from program team and SDE for solution and back-up planning.
- Be responsible for organizing Supplier Launch Readiness Review (WAR audit and Run & Rate audit etc) and transfer the responsibility to commodities buyer after Customer SOP 6 months
- Optimize the New Product Introduction (NPI) process within program team.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or business-related program.
- Have 3-5 years technical purchasing or related area, Automotive industry leading Tier 1 is preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in Project Management is preferred
- Knowledge of IATF16949 requirements including AIAG APQP, PFMEA, MSA and PPAP.
- Competent in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Professional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products — Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent English, Japanese is preferred.
Internal Use Only: Salary