JOB DESCRIPTION *
Position Title: PCB / PWB CAD Engineer
For over 50 years, SCI’s Defense & Aerospace Division has been a leading provider of defense and aerospace electronics design and manufacturing services. From tactical communications systems to manned and unmanned airborne communications and information processing, we deliver high-reliability solutions that keep our first responders and war-fighters connected and protected in the field.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates to join our electrical engineering team in our Huntsville, AL facility. This position will work closely with other members of the PWB CAD team as well as the electrical engineering circuit designers to take schematic designs and create high-reliability board layouts with complete fabrication packages.
Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Perform all aspects of PCB layout, including: designing, creating, and checking PWB layouts, associated fabrication and manufacturing documentation and files; building, checking and maintaining schematic symbol and PWB footprint databases; and performing department Configuration Management functions.
Nature of Duties and Responsibilities:
- General duties:
- Designer of PWBs / PCBs for a wide range of military and aerospace products
- Reviews, evaluates and implements new technology and approaches of Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, engineering applications, vendor capabilities and PWB design specifications and parameters.
- Investigates, plans, implements and establishes best practices, standards, processes, guidelines and procedures.
- Serves as the focal point for Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Control and PWB vendors to resolve all PWB design related issues.
- Designer duties:
- Layout of PWB, documents assembly, parts list and creates manufacturing and fabrication data using the Cadence Allegro CAD software.
- Draws and modifies schematics using the OrCAD Capture CAE system.
- Sets up Design For Fabrication (DFF), Design For Manufacturing (DFM), Design For Test (DFT), mechanical, electrical and physical design constraints using the Cadence Allegro CAD software.
- Writes and incorporates ECOs using the Cadence Allegro CAD and OrCad Capture CAE software.
- Checking Duties:
- Checks initial CAD packages containing schematic and layout requirements.
- Checks mechanical outlines.
- Checks schematics, layouts, gerber files and documentation for new and modified designs.
- Conducts DFF, DFM and DFT checks using Cadence Allegro and the Valor NPI tool.
- Verifies Allegro footprints meet IPC Class 3 and appropriate manufacturing standards.
- Librarian Duties:
- Builds, manages and maintains the Allegro PWB footprints.
- Builds, manages and maintains the OrCAD Capture symbol libraries and Component Information System (CIS) server database.
- Change Analyst Duties:
- Serves as the department Change Analyst for the Agile Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Checks and processes PWB department pre-checks, post-checks and ECOs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar concentration,
- 5 years minimum experience in PWB Layout, ideally using Cadence Allegro and OrCad Capture CIS CAD tools. Layout experience in military applications is a plus for the successful PWB CAD candidate. Altium Designer experience also a plus.
- Must have a thorough understanding of:
- PWB design of complex high speed, digital, analog, multilayer rigid, flex and rigid flex designs using blind, buried and HDI via structures containing DDR3, Gigabit Ethernet, USB, E-PCI, 1553, controlled impedance, matched group and phase lengths, high speed digital, analog, and switching power circuits.
- ANSI, Military and IPC design, fabrication, manufacturing, material, performance, and inspection standards and processes.
- Valor NPI DFF tools.
- Cadence Allegro, OrCad and Valor NPI and ERF software installation and setup.
This is an ITAR facility and applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity