Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services! The AWS Infrastructure Capacity Planning Team is searching for a passionate, results-oriented capacity planning leader. Based in our Dublin offices data center capacity planning owns the supply plan for data center power and space in response to the customer forecasts. We own initiatives to model and improve the utilization of our power, cooling and space infrastructure in our data centers so that we are generating capacity at the lowest possible cost. In this role you will work closely with demand planning, finance, construction, and software development teams to deliver high quality and robust capacity planning processes, with favorable business outcomes. You will identify defects or waste in our planning processes, and drive new processes and software automation to eliminate the defects and prevent them from recurring without posing risk to availability.
Successful candidates will be analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments and work backwards from the needs of internal and external customers to create solutions that work for upstream and downstream teams as well as data center capacity planning. They will have worked on high functioning teams and are committed to process improvement and analysing large data sets to communicate clear and concise insights.
· Bachelors degree in statistics, business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
· 5+ years of capacity planning, production planning, operations planning, or inventory planning experience.
· Experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management.
· Strong analytical skills; Can handle, synthesize and analyse large data sets, draw out and then communicate insights through concise, written documents
· Strong problem solving skills; can dive deep for root cause resolutions
· Demonstrated strength in data analytics, Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Experience with SQL, Tableau
· Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and very busy environment
· Ability to manage competing priorities under ambiguity
· Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to senior executives.